Thinking of trying Britannia

Monorail Orange

Looking into planning the next trip and I've thought about trying Britannia. I've got a few questions if you all don't mind. :)

I appriciate that they are completely different ships, but would F deck be roughly the same height as Arcadia's A deck (for example)? I don't want to go too high up on a larger ship - as I'd imainge the movement is more noticable on Britannia.

I've also looked at G deck, but I see that many cabins are above some of the venues below - do you hear much sound (ie. late evenings).

Thanks in advance.

Looking into planning the next trip and I've thought about trying Britannia. I've got a few questions if you all don't mind. :)

I appriciate that they are completely different ships, but would F deck be roughly the same height as Arcadia's A deck (for example)? I don't want to go too high up on a larger ship - as I'd imainge the movement is more noticable on Britannia.

I've also looked at G deck, but I see that many cabins are above some of the venues below - do you hear much sound (ie. late evenings).

Thanks in advance.

Been on Britannia for 4 cruises all on ‘B’ deck not felt any movement more than normal.

I think you are over thinking the perceived problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks in advance.

We was in a cabin on Britannia F deck 2 weeks ago across the bay of biscay, did not have any movement more than normal. Would not go G deck unless you know what is below your cabin. If motion sickness is your worry go for a midship cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two cruises on Britannia B deck and right at the front and never felt any movement at all except a very slight sideways movement when returning from Brodie's :)

Don't worry the Britannia is just fine whatever deck you are on in my opinion unlike Aurora which can feel a little bit rocky at times. Of course in the end it's down to the individual person isn't it.

We tried Britannia recently and loved it but I would say you need to be reasonably fit as lots of walking around a very large ship. We were midship but the lack of lifts and no stairs meant we often walked all the way back and then up and across back again :-) But it was very smooth despite rough weather.

We tried Britannia recently and loved it but I would say you need to be reasonably fit as lots of walking around a very large ship. We were midship but the lack of lifts and no stairs meant we often walked all the way back and then up and across back again :-) But it was very smooth despite rough weather.

Last time I was on her I had my phone pedometer app switched on out of curiosity. Not including going ashore I was doing between 4-5 miles a day but we are out and about all day and only used the cabin for changing and sleeping, not bad for two pensioners :')

Love Britannia. We were mid ship on G Deck which was above Java coffee shop, G407, Supposedly restricted view, but totally unrestricted. The only possible negative was being above a smoking area, but I can honestly say we did not smell any smoke and very minimal noise. Bearing in mind it was about £600 cheaper than the room above, it was perfect for us. On the opposite side you are above the glass house, a no smoking area.

The only time we ever really felt any movement was in the MDR at the back of the ship.

Just remember, once selected, do not accept an upgrade!!! This could put you anywhere.

Have a fantastic time.

Thanks for the replies all. :)

Glad to hear that its not as much of an issue as I thought. I know the whole experience will be different compared to Oceana and Arcaida, so I'm being open minded about it.

Thanks for the tip on the lack of stairs - did I read somewhere they were adding another staircase in the future?

Thanks for the replies all. :)

Glad to hear that its not as much of an issue as I thought. I know the whole experience will be different compared to Oceana and Arcaida, so I'm being open minded about it.

Thanks for the tip on the lack of stairs - did I read somewhere they were adding another staircase in the future?

Personally I don't find the lack of stairs a problem as I just walk to either end but I also use the lifts if I need to as the old knees are starting to complain a bit. Using the stairs going down is easy but going back up the problems start..........never mind getting old is better than the alternative ;)

I don't mind having to walk a bit between venues.

I think my main reservation is going from a midsize (which I find seems just right) to something considerably larger. I've not been on Ventura/Azura - so it's quite a jump in scale.

Then again, you don't know unless you try.

Britannia is huge, and we never noticed any movement, but as my wife loves the rocking and rolling, and it doesn't bother me either, we normally book lido deck forward on Aurora and enjoy being rocked to sleep.

You will definitely notice a "Different" cruise experience on-board a ship with so many guests, and I must admit that I did find the missing lifts somewhat strange on a ship with so many decks.

But you are quite right when you say you must try something new, just for us the once was enough.

• 3 weeks later...

The Crystal Rooms are a nice place to sit and watch the world go by, often with a good Jazz band. We are not dancers but enjoy the atmosphere. That is the joy of Britannia, there really is something for everyone. We never saw the crows nest busy, perhaps that was just the times we visited

21 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

The Crystal Rooms are a nice place to sit and watch the world go by, often with a good Jazz band. We are not dancers but enjoy the atmosphere. That is the joy of Britannia, there really is something for everyone. We never saw the crows nest busy, perhaps that was just the times we visited

I had forgotten about the Crystal rooms! Yes a nice place for sitting back relaxing and watching the world go by. Another nice place to sit and just watch is outside Sindhu where nobody disturbs you. In fact there's lot of places some of which we didn't find until the second cruise on her. My favourite place of the lot was the atrium in the evenings listening to the young lady playing the piano.

Hi, Britannia is a great ship.  We sailed on her this year to the Caribbean, it was our first cruise.  We had a balcony cabin on F deck.  We found this was a great location, so much so that we have booked the same cabin for our next cruise in June 2019.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sailed on Britannia on two occasions and have been on both decks B and D forward and have not been aware of any movement, but like most ships that depends on the weather!  The Crows Nest did get busy in the evenings, but as previously been said, if you get there early.  We also found that the theatre tended to fill up very quickly.  Embarkation was the same as all our previous cruises.

I’ve only been on one cruise on Britannia in July last year, and loved it!

We were forward on E deck in a standard balcony. Great location, hardly felt any movement. 

I did feel if we weren’t in a balcony would I have enjoyed it as much as the open decks were very busy. We tended to chill on our balcony for a couple of hours late afternoon.

Because of the no stairs midships I choose forward but as least forward as it could be!

If you do go for G deck my friend was above the Crystal room and wasn’t disturbed at all.

The live lounge got very busy in the evening so if you want to see something specific get there early. The Crows Nest was nice and quiet  during the day.

No one has mentioned the Limelight Club yet. No other ship has one yet, like a supper club. We really enjoyed the evening. Dinner and an act that you watch from the table you eat at. Extra charge of course!

Hope you enjoy if you do go.

Even though it's large you can never see round a corner so there's a natural limit to your field of view??? Like in the mdr your view is obstructed so you can't see the far end so for me little matter if 2000 or 3500 people on board. 

It's all subjective but I didn't like Brodies, too many screens showing football. We are dancers and the only reason we choose Britannia is the Crystal room, it's seldom busy with perhaps an ideal 30 to 50 people. Plenty of space for all with far better atmosphere than Cunard. Wouldn't go on FO again. In fact every time we get off a cruise we vow that will be the last time but already  have an itch for the Carabean but the flight is putting me off,especially the return flying through the night.

We are not 'walkers' but did quite enjoy the necessary walks around the ship,keeps you ship shape!

You could say because there are a lot of people on board you are less likely to keep bumping into those you don't wish to bump into 🙂 ouch

1 hour ago, Monorail Orange said:

I'm not sure what to make of the Limelight Club. I think it'd have to be an act that I knew I was really going to like before I booked.
Is it the same cover charge as the other paid restuarants (ie Ocean Grill or Sindu)?

Britannia doesnt have an Ocean Grill.