Hotels in Barcelona

Punam

We'll be there precruise for 2 nights, and woud like a hotel that's in a good area ('good' meaning reasonably safe givn this is Barcelona!, and convenient for touring and not too far from the port - I have no idea if that's even a reasonable rerquest) What I've found are hotels for 390+ euros per night. Yowza! Anyon have a suggestion?

We'll be there precruise for 2 nights, and woud like a hotel that's in a good area ('good' meaning reasonably safe givn this is Barcelona!, and convenient for touring and not too far from the port - I have no idea if that's even a reasonable rerquest) What I've found are hotels for 390+ euros per night. Yowza! Anyon have a suggestion?
Not close to the port but the very best location about 300 m from Placa Catalunya and a quick stroll down pedestrian streets to La Rambla. Great for the airport bus and Metro. We stayed at Hotel Lleo on Carrer de Pelai on 18 September 2018 and it was really good. We paid Euro157 but this was booked a few months in advance. There are mixed reviews but we had no issues - they have a really good breakfast buffet too.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Not close to the port but the very best location about 300 m from Placa Catalunya and a quick stroll down pedestrian streets to La Rambla. Great for the airport bus and Metro. We stayed at Hotel Lleo on Carrer de Pelai on 18 September 2018 and it was really good. We paid Euro157 but this was booked a few months in advance. There are mixed reviews but we had no issues - they have a really good breakfast buffet too.

Rooftop swimming pool and terrace overlooking the city. Also please don't miss going to the cafe on the 9th Floor of the department store Corte Ingles for the most amazing 180 degree views across the city and the fantastic food!

Rooftop swimming pool and terrace overlooking the city. Also please don't miss going to the cafe on the 9th Floor of the department store Corte Ingles for the most amazing 180 degree views across the city and the fantastic food!

Corte Ingles is in Placa Catalunya. By the way we never felt unsafe anywhere in Barcelona and walked everywhere for 2 days. One of our highlights was a free walking tour of the Gothic Quarter with Runnerbean from 4.30pm to 7pm followed by a 30 min Flamenco performance at Los Tarantos at 8.30pm the same night.

Barcelona is a safe city. As far as close to port is not that important as more likely taxi is will be used to get there so taxi fare will be couple of € higher. Look at Axel, it's a 4* hotel in 150€ ballpark located in L'eixample area near Gaudi buildings, may be 10 min walk to Plaza Catalunia.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

My last stay in Barcelona was at the Silken Ramblas. It’s a 4 star hotel 600 yards from plaza Catalunya just off Las Ramblas. The airport bus drops off at plaza catalunya. From the hotel, It’s a 15 minute walk to the Columbus monument where you get the port shuttle.

Didn't stay but can comment on location. About 15-20 walk to train station and then 30 min direct train to Passeig de Gràcia or Plaza Catalunia. Also beach nearby. I think T10 is accepted with makes commute very cheap (sane price as metro).

I have always recommended the Catalonia Hotel and Resort chain which has over 10 locations in Barcelona. Look for the ones that have been rennovated such as Magdalenes, Catederal. Portal D'Angel are and are conveniently located to everything. Superior rooms at least in the late Summer and Spring 2018 have been in the 190E range. All are slightly off major streets and are quiet. All have some sort of small rooftop pool and lounge. Magdalenes has a small fitness room and Hamann in the lower level adjacent to the breakfast room. Rooms are very good size compared to European standards. Good luck

We also just stayed October 2018 at the Hotel Lleo, for two days pre-cruise.  We loved it.  Great choice for location, value and breakfast buffet.  We booked online directly with them several months in advance. We had a renovated room with a small balcony facing the street.  Bed was comfortable and bathroom was very nice.  They have a really good, large breakfast buffet.  Pretty rooftop area with pool and lounge chairs. Taxi rank right out in front.  Short walk to Placa Catalunya and the Ramblas.  We felt safe in the area, but took precautions with our valuables in the event of any possible pickpockets.