Today we’re beginning our silvercruise from Reykjavík to Montreal

vollard

Ooooo

Love that la terrazza looks elegant with drapes, napery and carpet!

So miss that on the Muse and Spirit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ah! Really? I was planning a cruise either in spirit or Muse...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for taking us along Vollard. I assume Colin is the CD, would you mind letting us know who is the HD?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes Colin is the Cd and the HD is Steven Crimes; we were very happy to meet again the guest manager Begonia and our mythical Alaska’s butler Altamash

Different lines hand out different “certificates “ ie printed bits of paper, could be Arctic Circle, could be crossing the equator, could be crossing the date line, could be finding the Observation lounge...
That’s good Jollyjones.
I agree 57 varieties. Absolutely brilliant Jolly!

The certificate was issued by Azamara
Thx Meow!

Breaking news: the captain announced that due to the sea conditions, the wind had to go slower and we’ll not be able to reach Anse aux meadows in time so we’ll travel directly to corner brook [emoji22]

Yes Colin is the Cd and the HD is Steven Crimes; we were very happy to meet again the guest manager Begonia and our mythical Alaska’s butler Altamash

Thanks. Haven’t met the new HD, but Begonia is wonderful, my all time favourite GRM.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Breaking news: the captain announced that due to the sea conditions, the wind had to go slower and we’ll not be able to reach Anse aux meadows in time so we’ll travel directly to corner brook [emoji22]

Sorry to hear that.

The one thing that we found annoying on our cruise last month was a consistent inability to adhere to the scheduled times in port. We were late off the ship just about everywhere, and it muddled our independent plans somewhat. We were never so slow that we missed a port but still, it was one blot on an otherwise great cruise.

We were on the cruise after JP - weather was so bad we missed about six scheduled ports (although three were added). Apparently we had to get to Iceland before a huge storm hit. We ended up having about two and a half extra sea days and they were horrible. We sure were rocking and rolling.

We also (along with nearly everyone else) found the ship freezing. The Captain tried to address the issue at his reception but didn't do a very good job and ended up digging himself into a hole :D Kept saying it was people leaving doors open.

• 4 months later...