Cabin Door Decoration

stellfamily

Beware of gel stick-on shapes for the door!

I made the mistake of using colored gel decorations in July -- they stained the door after 2-3 days. I peeled off the shapes as soon as I realized the problem.

My steward was very kind about scrubbing off the stains & I apologized profusely (& tipped him extra).

Decals or heavy paper items would be better.

I agree, dollar stores -- but also scrapbooking stores (where they are called "die-cuts") and if you have one, teacher supply shops. Staples has a teacher section, although I haven't checked to see if that section has stickup signs...

OTOH, if you have a color printer and are happy with standard paper size, there are no limit of graphics free to be printed!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jetstorm said:

Can anyone tell me if the cabin doors on the Crown Princess are magnetic or what's the best way to stick a decoration on the door without causing damage?

All of the Princess ships have metal doors. Best way to attach anything is with magnets.

In addition to magnets, we also use 3M command strips. On Princess we have also secured a small national flag to our mailbox outside the cabin, which easily identifies the cabin.

Have received many comments from other passengers who mentioned they look for our flag to confirm they are on the right side of the ship.

• Like 1

stellfamily, also check Hobby Lobby and Party City if you have either one or both of those in your area. We've found items at both locations that we've used as decorations. Since, on occasion, there have been posts regarding people's decorations being vandalized or stolen, I would like to suggest a couple of things. First, if possible, put your name(s) somewhere on the items. Second, don't buy anything that you can't afford to lose. Also, sometimes magnets stick, and sometimes not. We've come to rely on Command Strips. They always stick, peel off easily, and don't damage whatever they're stuck to or leave a sticky residue like tape does. 

On 11/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, vmom said:

All of the Princess ships have metal doors. Best way to attach anything is with magnets.

I would look in a party store to see if they have anything  you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Dollar Tree.  Get the tissue-paper honeycomb balls or wedding bells, or even table centerpieces that fan out.

Hang it up high on the wall or corner with some scotch tape, so it is visible from down the hall.  I can't tell you how lovely it is to stick my head into the hall and scan for the bright pink or orange half-a-ball after a drink or three.  Up high, it won't get shredded by housekeeping carts, luggage, or otherwise be in the way, and you can see them for miles.

We once tried to hang one ceiling as a ball... but found that kids (and many adults) can't resist smacking it as they pass under.  Smile!

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2018 at 2:26 PM, DRS/NC said:

Beware of gel stick-on shapes for the door!

I made the mistake of using colored gel decorations in July -- they stained the door after 2-3 days. I peeled off the shapes as soon as I realized the problem.

My steward was very kind about scrubbing off the stains & I apologized profusely (& tipped him extra).

Decals or heavy paper items would be better.

Magnets better still.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, Jiminw said:

I have used a number of thing on my doors.  I always try to decorate around an upcoming holiday or just decorate items from my state.  

2676E8E7-C7B1-458B-AF88-C70B33D33465.jpeg

644DA0A7-6561-4EC8-8330-6E6DFA68D322.jpeg

6498238D-6112-4109-A2FC-5671C696977B.jpeg

YIKES!!!! :classic_ohmy:

Edited by PTMary