trying to decide b/w 2 cruises for a girls group of 10 - 55th bday trip

hlsess

I am in process of researching for a trip next June-

choices are HAL- Bos, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, Montreal OR

Norwegian- NYC, Halifax, St John Bay of Fundy, Bar Harbor, Portland, Newport, NYC

From what I've read so far- HA is the better itinerary- why? but Norwegian has more to do on ship....

Let me know your thoughts-money wise-isn't a whole lot of difference but doesn't include flights HAL will be more than NYC.. We live in the South-

I am in process of researching for a trip next June-

choices are HAL- Bos, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, Montreal OR

Norwegian- NYC, Halifax, St John Bay of Fundy, Bar Harbor, Portland, Newport, NYC

From what I've read so far- HA is the better itinerary- why? but Norwegian has more to do on ship....

Let me know your thoughts-money wise-isn't a whole lot of difference but doesn't include flights HAL will be more than NYC.. We live in the South-

HAL gives you more ports if you count the embarkation/debarkation ports. Both itineraries give you Halifax and Bar Harbor, but HAL is heavier on the Canadian ports (QC and Montreal should give a "European" feel too).

What is most important to you - activities on board, historical ports, nature, etc? I'd look at the times in port, as well as the ports themselves.

ETA: When we were in Halifax last year our server highly recommended visiting PEI if we ever got the chance. Not too many people recommend Saint John (although we've enjoyed it too both times we've been there).

Edited by pacruise804
more info

What’s in Quebec City??

I took my son to Quebec City for 5 days when he was 12 years old in the '90s because I couldn't afford to go to France. The old town (upper and lower) ooze history and have things that would be interesting for the girls (buggy tour, tea at Frontenac). You can also go over to the Ile de Orlean which is just beautiful and offers up beautiful views of the city and St Lawrence. This itinerary is a good "painless learning" itinerary for older children to soak up some history and have fun doing it. I love Quebec (can you tell?) so would choose that itinerary. Not a ton of kids on this itinerary but HAL does roll up the rug early. I only go on them when it's a port intensive cruise because Im a night owl. I'd choose NCL for the ship but the itinerary is so good on this one. In Bar Harbor you can take them out with a lobsterman to set pots, go back and get them and that's pretty cool for kids.