Eurodam 10/17 to 10/21 - Post your questions!

cruisingrob21

Hi everyone I'll be heading out on the Eurodam in less than 20 days on a short coastal cruise. If you are curious about anything ship related or things in Astoria (port of call), let me know and I'll try to hunt down the answer as well as post a detailed, picture filled trip report!

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2018/09/pre-trip-review-ms-eurodam.html

One question and some recommendations for Astoria.

The question: Is there a bridge observation room on the Eurodam?

The recommendations: If you like beer the Fort George brewery in Astoria is magnificent. Also recommended for beer fans are Buoy and Reach Break. If history is more your thing the Columbia River Maritime Museum is worth a stop as is the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center at Cape Disappointment.

One question and some recommendations for Astoria.

The question: Is there a bridge observation room on the Eurodam?

The recommendations: If you like beer the Fort George brewery in Astoria is magnificent. Also recommended for beer fans are Buoy and Reach Break. If history is more your thing the Columbia River Maritime Museum is worth a stop as is the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center at Cape Disappointment.

I know NCL has some bridge viewing areas on some ships but I haven't heard that HAL does. I'll look for it, but do you know of any HAL ships that have this?

I love and make my own beer and I've got that one on my list. I'll make sure I visit it first and follow up with Reach Break, Astoria Brewing Co, and Buoy Beer Co in town. I was actually planning on jogging up to the column and then running back through town (after swinging by the goonies house). We'll see if I can make it by all 4 breweries :) Thanks for the recommendation.

Is early Happy Hour still 4 PM and still held in the Crows Nest Lounge?

Thank you.

DJG541

On our trip last week, early happy hour (4PM) was in Billboard or Ocean Bar. Late happy hour (10PM) was in the Crow's Nest.

We are going on that cruise too. In my experience they never shortchange passengers because some get off in 4 days. If you think about it that makes no sense.

Princess does on some of their shorter voyages (no pub lunch when 3 days or less) - but they also sell them as totally separate voyages, unlike HAL which sells them separate and part of longer voyages.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the Eurodam over Xmas going to Mexico. I would love to see a current picture of the retreat cabanas. We booked one for the whole week of our cruise. I’ve seen the HAL advertising but it’s never quite specific to what you actually have sometimes. 

We were in Astoria this past summer and especially enjoyed eating at Northwest Wild Products, which is a small fish seller that has great lunch options. The chowder was much better than Mo’s.

Thanks, Sandy

14 hours ago, Greysandy said:

We are on the Eurodam over Xmas going to Mexico. I would love to see a current picture of the retreat cabanas. We booked one for the whole week of our cruise. I’ve seen the HAL advertising but it’s never quite specific to what you actually have sometimes. 

We were in Astoria this past summer and especially enjoyed eating at Northwest Wild Products, which is a small fish seller that has great lunch options. The chowder was much better than Mo’s.

Thanks, Sandy

Sure, I'll see if I can sneak in the area to get a few photos.  You can see the Eurodam in the attached photo on the right, here in Vancouver today.

IMG_20181017_100421222.jpg

On 10/24/2018 at 5:41 PM, vms said:

Thanks Rob! The Cabana retreat area looks like it's in perfect shape for my arrival 11/11. 🙂

Indeed, it was a very nice area.  I actually sat in one for a few minutes on the last night.

I've got the next update coming this weekend, hopefully a few of them.  The next posts will be about Astoria, food and drink on the ship, and the ship decor.  And of course, lots more photos.