1 Balcony for 4 or two connecting insides?

xcell

They do not care who actually sleeps where as long as on paper one adult is in each cabin.

My reply was directed towards the idea of putting both adults in the balcony (getting 2 promos each) and the kids in the interior (getting 1 promo each) which NCL will not allow.

Since the promos are not a factor in the OP's case, one adult in each stateroom (on paper) would still be needed but the adults can sleep in one stateroom and the kids can sleep in the other.

I frankly have no idea how folks sail with more than 2 grown (yeah, 12 and 15 are big enough to be called mostly grown, at least in size) folks in one room. Y'all are to be commended..or committed, not sure which. :)

Personally, I would book the balcony but you really have to decide what your must haves are. Can you deal with 4 people in a balcony or do you need the 2nd bathroom and some separation? It's possible you could bid on a suite if there's one available but obviously not guaranteed. If you have 2 cabins you wouldn't want to try and bid for an upgrade because I don't think location is guaranteed. I don't even know how that would work if the kids were in their own cabin. Tough decision.