Heading out on the Explorer on Saturday 6th October, is there anyth you want to know.

I will be on the Explorer on Saturday 6th to the 13th. While trying to research the ship it has been a mixed bag. I know everyone has their own ideas of good and bad, therefore what I would like to do is try and get as much factual info as possible, so if there is anything that you would like me to checkout let me know and I will do my best. I am not buying the wifi so a full report of what you wanted to know along with my thoughts and review will be posted come the 16th October as I have hubbys 60th on the 14th and a busy weekend when I return. :)

Wonderful! I have been asking this question about the bathroom drying cord for weeks now but nobody replied yet:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2674117

A yes/no reply would be welcomed on this thread on your return, and might also be of interest to others.

Yes there is a drying cord in the shower :)

I was on in july some good some bad. Food quality was not as good as previous marella cruises but it was the service in the MDR that really needs looking at ,long waits between courses and drink service was slow there it seemed a bit better upstairs so would try there as dont seem to have as many tables to look after. Shows were good and service in bars was fine but lacks atmosphere maybe due to some of the duos playing around the ship. I had a good holiday as was with friends but thought the discovery a better ship.

Cloudyrain, thanks for that info. Much appreciated.clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Would you also be able to add that info to the thread in the link above? It would finish it off and might be easier for others to find it if they are looking and using the search this forum option.

Did you also have a look in the library? That was the second part of that thread question. If not, maybe Scot born could report back.

Thanks.

Hi I have just checked the deck plans and can't see any library. Tui usually has this next to the coffee port, so I will be on a mission next week to find it if there is one. One more for my list. There is a mention of the attic on deck 8 maybe that's it, don't know will find out.

Hi I have just checked the deck plans and can't see any library. Tui usually has this next to the coffee port, so I will be on a mission next week to find it if there is one. One more for my list. There is a mention of the attic on deck 8 maybe that's it, don't know will find out.

Hope you’ve got a big clipboard! 😂😂😂

Mystery solved: the Attic is the Library mid-deck 8. Also connected to the gamer zone with PS4. Selection of books and games in library with no librarian so held yourself :)

Cloudyrain, thanks again. Good to know there actually is a library as we have noticed over the years that they are becoming smaller with less of a book selection. I know HAL have been tweaking libraries on their ships too. We will head for the library when we are doing our wee explore of the ship shortly after boarding.

I didn't know you are actually onboard now, and unless you are using free shore WiFi you must be using your precious (expensive and slow) onboard internet minutes answering questions. Really kind of you, but if it is costing you, Scot born will board in a few days.

Hope you’ve got a big clipboard! 😂😂😂

Because of all the great friends on CC looks like I won't need one. ;p Drying rope in shower, tick Library, tick

That's what's great about CC friends you always have the answers to all the questions. :*

However if there is anything else needing checked out I'm your girl ( well middle aged girl but still young at heart because of cruising) :'):'):')