Blue lagoon island

exploring0426

Blue Lagoon is an island that you can only get to on Blue Lagoon's ferry. If you aren't booking this through the cruise line, you'll need to take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. Taxis are shared vans that cost $5 a person.

Make sure you understand the ferry schedule because the return ferries are limited and it does take a while to get back to port. You don't want to miss your ship! :)

All the Blue Lagoon information can be found on their website: http://www.dolphinencounters.com/blue-lagoon-island/about-blue-lagoon/

We ended up booking through cruise line (RC) since they get you to the island 2 hours earlier than booking directly through Blue Lagoon. The only issue with booking through the cruise line, the excursion only goes to 12:15 (ferry takes you directly back to cruise port). We ask if we could take a later ferry as they have them at 1:15, 2:15 and 4:15 and they said we could, but the ferry would only go to their terminal on Paradise Island and we would have to find our own way back to the cruise port. Taxi is less than a 15 min ride back to cruise port. We have elected to take the 2:15 ferry as the ship departs at 6p and would give us 2 extra hours beach time and some time to shop in town.

BTW: We booked the VIP Adult Beach Experience

Be careful of the ship time. We have been to that port years ago when the local time was different than the ship time and many people missed the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely...I believe ferry takes about 30-45 mins plus cab ride. We should have plenty of time. I figure we'll be back at the cruise port area around 3ish giving us close to a 3 hour window. Nassau is on EST so "should" be the same as ship.

We ended up booking through cruise line (RC) since they get you to the island 2 hours earlier than booking directly through Blue Lagoon. The only issue with booking through the cruise line, the excursion only goes to 12:15 (ferry takes you directly back to cruise port). We ask if we could take a later ferry as they have them at 1:15, 2:15 and 4:15 and they said we could, but the ferry would only go to their terminal on Paradise Island and we would have to find our own way back to the cruise port. Taxi is less than a 15 min ride back to cruise port. We have elected to take the 2:15 ferry as the ship departs at 6p and would give us 2 extra hours beach time and some time to shop in town.

We did the sea lion encounter at Blue Lagoon in July and took the 2 o'clock ferry back. They did drop us off at the cruise port (along with probably half the other passengers). Enjoy!

Absolutely...I believe ferry takes about 30-45 mins plus cab ride. We should have plenty of time. I figure we'll be back at the cruise port area around 3ish giving us close to a 3 hour window. Nassau is on EST so "should" be the same as ship.

Taking the 2 o'clock ferry back got us back to the port around 3:30. They drop passengers off at the ferry terminal first, then go to the cruise port. It does take a while to load/unload everyone so even though the ferry ride itself is about 30 minutes, the whole process was well over an hour. Since your ship doesn't leave till 6, that still leaves you time for some shopping.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2018 at 11:57 AM, pfdaxe358 said:

What did you think of it?  I heard that the RCI VIP beach was not the nice one that they show on the website 😞. The key requirements we have for the beach day is: peaceful ocean view and umbrella for fair skinnned DH.

We've gone to Blue Lagoon before and it was ok. It was nice to do something different than just walk around Nassau, however I felt like they nickle and dime'd you. You paid to go there, then you could choose from either "free chairs" or clam shell chairs which cost money, or their VIP area, which was more money, and the "free" beverage you get with your wrist band (if you choose a clam chair) is 1 of 2 frozen drinks. I saw a lot of people just helping themselves to clam chairs and no one was walking around to check. I said something to the staff about it, who then said they'd go walk around to check. I just felt like it could have been managed better. I completely understand we didn't have to pay for the clam shell, but it was nice having the shade.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:14 PM, CruisinCrow said:

We did the sea lion encounter at Blue Lagoon in July and took the 2 o'clock ferry back. They did drop us off at the cruise port (along with probably half the other passengers). Enjoy!

How was the sea lion encounter?  Looking at doing either the sea lions or the dolphins.  Did you get to spend much time with them?

2 minutes ago, lmoe00 said:

How was the sea lion encounter?  Looking at doing either the sea lions or the dolphins.  Did you get to spend much time with them?

I enjoyed it but I thought it was pretty short.  We did the dolphin encounter years back and I remember it being longer.  I felt it was a little rushed and most of the time was taking pictures with the photographer.  I would have liked more time for questions and answers with the trainer about the sea lions.  It was worth doing once though, especially since we'd already done the dolphin encounter.

I posted about it in my cruise review here, if you're interested: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2018/07/sun-and-fun-on-norwegian-sun.html  Scroll down to the Nassau day and there are pictures of the encounter and of the rest of the island.