Silversea Survey - Be Forewarned

HappyCamper777

I assume that accredited means the person to whom the message/link was sent.  That is, the recipient should not post the link on some site (Cruise Critic? 🙂) suggesting that others could complete the survey and compete for the prize.  Presumably they selected their sample (people to be surveyed) carefully (e.g., age, number of cruises taken, nationality, etc.) and want responses only from that cohort.

Edited by Observer

Well, I started it and several screens in, it said my browser wasn’t supported and wouldn’t proceed, wanted me to download chrome or Firefox. Since I use safari I was unimpressed, and sent them an email saying that if they really wanted my opinion they should craft a properly functioning survey. 

What a waste of time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

i started it and after a ton of time  shut it down.

stupid me, fooled by a marketing person.

Interesting.  I'm curious, did the shut down happen at either of the two screens shown below?  

I had an issue whereby if I selected "Other" on a screen, the survey software would serve the same screen back to me.  Therefore, if I didn't want to choose a selection choice offered I had to ultimately select "None of the Above".

Screen9.JPG

Screen12.JPG

4 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Well, I started it and several screens in, it said my browser wasn’t supported and wouldn’t proceed, wanted me to download chrome or Firefox. Since I use safari I was unimpressed, and sent them an email saying that if they really wanted my opinion they should craft a properly functioning survey. 

What a waste of time. 

That's such a shame.  I totally agree with you, the survey software should be able to operate on multiple browsers, especially one as ubiquitous as Safari.  I looked up the company who owns the software SS used and even though they have offices in the US and Germany, the software company appears to be very, very small.

I got this survey - I will sail on SS for the first time next month. I did it whilst the first coffee was kicking in, so the results may be a bit skewed!

The part that really got my goat was the various 'deals' from different providers - it ignored my previous preferences and offered deals from companies I have not sailed with. Offers with or without airfares included are totally meaningless without the cruise location being specified.

Also, a minor point, but as a Brit, I work in pounds sterling not US dollars.

I still hope that the on-board experience will be better than this poor attempt at a survey.

8 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

The part that really got my goat was the various 'deals' from different providers - it ignored my previous preferences and offered deals from companies I have not sailed with.

Also, a minor point, but as a Brit, I work in pounds sterling not US dollars.

This proves the survey was static rather than being dynamic.  Very surprising in this day and age.

• Like 1