Travel Time from AEP to EZE

mfabz

What's the travel time from AEP to EZE -- especially around 5:00 pm. Also, how long did it take to go through security? We have a 5 hour window between arriving at AEP from Iguazu and departure from EZE back to the US. Any comments, experience would be very helpful. Thanks

We did not travel during rush hour, but it only took about an hour to make that trip (and we were on the public bus that made a couple of stops in BA). Even if you encounter horrific traffic, you should have no problem getting to EZE several hours before your flight. Nice planning on the 5 hour window between flights.

I don't recall, but I'm sure if it had been even 30 minutes, I'd remember.

There was construction going on when we were there in 2017, and they had two main terminal areas connected by a walkway of about 200 yards. I remember that, like you, we had several hours to kill and just sat around in the main terminal (before security) until it was closer to our ETD. That's why I'm sure there was no long line to get through security, or we would have been nervous about waiting. Lots of places to grab something to eat in the main terminals, but it seems like there were very limited options near the gate.

• 3 weeks later...

In February this year we took a taxi from our hotel in downtown Buenos Aires (which is about a 10-15 minute ride to AEP) to EZE around 3:30ish in the afternoon. The traffic downtown and along the highway was slow with a lot of stop and go but we made in about an hour. 

We had to wait for check in to open and went through Security around 5:30 to 6pm and there was was no problem. Many of the flights to the US leave at 9pm and later so could get busier likely closer to those times.