Excursions

thepinnells

Hello! I'm new to all of this and had a question. I was looking at getting an excursion through the cruise line, but I think I waited too long and it's not available now. Are there other legit places or ways to get a certain excursion?

Thanks!

If you definitely want a ship's excursion, you may find they receive cancellations onboard, or they can add extra buses.

Other option is to research private tours. You can find information on these tours on the Cruise Critic port boards and Tripadvisor. You could also check for a Roll Call for your cruise, as many of your fellow passengers arrange private tours and look for others to join them.

Check with your ship's Shore Excursion Office to see if your "sold out" excursion has any availability. It's possible that a waiting list will be started, particularly if the excursion is a popular one. If it is convenient for you and the line is not too long, checking with the Office on Embarkation Day may be a good idea.

We almost never do ship tours, but it may be more comfortable for a first time cruise to do them.

If you do an independent tour (we have done several in Cozumel) you can research here on these boards in the Ports of Call area, research on line, and use recommendations of others. I have seen The Amazing Race excursion offered several places.

Or, you can wait, or perhaps put you name on a waiting list ? don't really know as it's probably been 10 years since we did a ship tour--and hope that there are cancellations.