Baby Food in Checked Bag

happilyafterever

Has anyone checked a bag with baby food in it onto a cruise?

I’m sailing Royal Caribbean next week for a 7-day cruise and would like to bring some baby food pouches from home. Carrying them on along with the other 500 things I’m carrying on for my 10-month old will be pretty difficult, so I’d like to avoid it if the food is okay to be checked.

It’s all shelf stable so it doesn’t need refrigeration or anything, and the pouches are in a box separate from the rest of the stuff in the suitcase (diapers, wipes, etc) to minimize the chance of them exploding.

As you choose how much to pack, please bear in mind you will be able to take yoghurt and individual cereal boxes from breakfast and fruit like bananas that can easily be mashed from the buffet and brought back to your room so you always have snacks on hand. The dining room is likely to be willing to purée vegetables for your child (Hopefully someone who has sailed rc can confirm this). The boxes of cereal that are sealed can be taken off the ship for snacks during excursions. Have a great trip

• 2 months later...

We cruised with baby girl this summer when she was 8 months old. I packed the store bought food in checked luggage and was going to ask dining room to puree food. But there was enough options on the menu and in buffet that it was not needed. We usually got the soup for her and she ate the bread/rolls. Oatmeal, eggs,  and yogurt worked well for breakfast. And we most definitely took extra yogurt with us at breakfast.