Celebrity Web Site: Upcoming Cruises - one isn’t mine!

hvbaskey

I have called Celebrity, an IT ticket has been placed, but 24 hours later, someone else’s reservation is still listed under my profile.

I feel bad for the ladies' reservation that is under my profile. All their personal information is listed, their cabin selection, order history, etc. Heck! I can even book an excursion for them, if I wanted to pay it forward :halo:

Again - I have reported the issue, as I really would prefer not to have someone else’s reservation in my profile - but the infamous IT team at Celebrity are taking their dear sweet time with this ticket.

Has anyone else had “other people’s” reservations land on their “upcoming cruises” page?

Celebrity Web Site fiascos are well documented in multiple threads on this forum. This is a new one...but certainly isn't a surprise.

Just today....I looked at my bookings to check (based on your post)....then, out of curiousity, I scrolled to the bottom of the page where it has a box to click to see Captain's Club exclusive offers and:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie

Well....I agree....Maybe it really is a bad request to ask about Captain's club offers :)

I have a different problem since 3 weeks ago and they can't solve it yet: I can login to my account and all my 6 reservations are show, but when I click in manage reservation or the cruise planner one message in red letters is displayed, the information entered does not match with our records, neither Celebrity can do it. so I'm not me :confused:

I have a different problem since 3 weeks ago and they can't solve it yet: I can login to my account and all my 6 reservations are show, but when I click in manage reservation or the cruise planner one message in red letters is displayed, the information entered does not match with our records, neither Celebrity can do it. so I'm not me :confused:

I’ve been having the same problem with one of my reservations for over two weeks. I’ve got an open IT trouble ticket.

I have called Celebrity, an IT ticket has been placed, but 24 hours later, someone else’s reservation is still listed under my profile.

I feel bad for the ladies' reservation that is under my profile. All their personal information is listed, their cabin selection, order history, etc. Heck! I can even book an excursion for them, if I wanted to pay it forward :halo:

Again - I have reported the issue, as I really would prefer not to have someone else’s reservation in my profile - but the infamous IT team at Celebrity are taking their dear sweet time with this ticket.

Has anyone else had “other people’s” reservations land on their “upcoming cruises” page?

I wonder if that’s what happened to my booking that I made two weeks ago, but am unable to add to my upcoming cruises! I have an open trouble ticket with IT. Should I learn that they’ve put my information on someone else’s profile, I’ll cancel the booking!

Yeah, about those IT Tickets....... called with problem rep couldn't fix. She said she was opening an IT ticket to get the problem fixed. I asked her to call me back after talking to IT dept. She said she would. Never heard back, problem never fixed.

Funny, I got an email yesterday with a link to the Cruise Planner for a 1 night cruise January 1st from Miami that i didn't book!

Do you happen to have an active Future Cruise booking made onboard? That itinerary (1 night 1 Jan cruise from Miami) is the placeholder in your cruise overview used for an onboard future cruise booking on Royal Caribbean. Perhaps with the continued alignment between Celebrity's and Royal's IT systems, Celebrity will use this same placeholder.

Yeah, about those IT Tickets....... called with problem rep couldn't fix. She said she was opening an IT ticket to get the problem fixed. I asked her to call me back after talking to IT dept. She said she would. Never heard back, problem never fixed.

Given how long it’s taken for IT to resolve problems in the past, your experience doesn’t surprise me. The two very helpful Captain’s Club reps with whom I spoke did call me back after speaking with IT. Both reps gave me trouble ticket numbers, but couldn’t give me updates because the tickets (opened 9/27 & 9/30) had no status updates.

It sounds like they are struggling with a major screw up.

I received this from Celebrity this morning:

> Good morning.

> I have spent some time looking into this problem but I'm still experiencing the same message as you are on ref xxxxxxxx, the other references seem to be OK.

> I have raised this with our IT team who will look into this problem.

> When they get back to me I will then respond back to you.

> Unfortunately I can't give you a time frame for this.

> Kind Regards

I wonder if it will be fixed before I sail in three weeks

After more emails from Celebrity, it seems that my problem relates to surnames! Mine is two words.

If I go into check-in from the home page, enter the cruise details manually using the first word of my surname and then exit the reservation, I can get to the reservation details page. Logging in then trying to manage reservations from upcoming cruises just gives an error message. I have to assume that they are carrying out work on this function, as all this worked last week!

Likewise, I receive a different error message if I try to select check-in from the upcoming cruises page.

Today, I cannot even login to my account! What will IT do next?

Steve ch, I too have a two word surname, and unfortunately the workaround you describe isn’t working for me. I am happy that it works for you.

In my latest reply from Celebrity:

Historically double barrelled surnames have caused us a problem

The answer from IT saying that if you just use 1 part of the surname will allow you to get on-line, is something new to me and could be an enhancement to the system.

Before double barrelled names either had to be typed as 1 continuous name or separated without a hyphen.

And which every way you entered them this had to be the same all through the booking.

Looks like things will get worse before they get better!

In my latest reply from Celebrity:

Historically double barrelled surnames have caused us a problem

The answer from IT saying that if you just use 1 part of the surname will allow you to get on-line, is something new to me and could be an enhancement to the system.

Before double barrelled names either had to be typed as 1 continuous name or separated without a hyphen.

And which every way you entered them this had to be the same all through the booking.

Looks like things will get worse before they get better!

In my case, IT’s suggestion does not, and never has, worked. Being an IT professional myself, I have always tried all the above permutations during Celebrity’s far too frequent IT update fiascos. It has never once worked for me, but I’m pleased that you’ve been successful.

Thanks for posting this information though, as I’m certain we are not alone in our special circle of Celebrity IT hell:rolleyes: It may work for someone else out there.

Hi. I have the same problem as you have. Has yours been resolved? Who did you contact for attempted resolution?

Thanks