A dilemma (albeit it a nice dilemma to have) !

DaisyDancer

It's a 'quality over quantity' question (not that a balcony isn't 'quality'), but one has to ask, "have you been to either area before"? Do you prefer the cruise experience or ports? Have you always aspired to staying in the Grills and this is the first opportunity?

On the face of it, I would also say 12 nights, but I know that in certain circumstances, I might take the 4 night if it was the only chance I would have to stay in the Grill.

There are nuances that we aren't aware of, so final decision is yours. So sorry you have to make this difficult decision;)

I would agree with the majority on here, the 12 day. Don't get me wrong, Grille Suites are remarkable but I'm going for more than my stateroom. I'm there to enjoy the entire ship and besides the great perks of the Grilles, I'd hate to miss out on the longer time aboard.

Either way, enjoy the voyage.

I sympathise with your dilemma! As you say it's a nice one to have [emoji16]

We recently took a 4 night cruise on Queen Elizabeth in Queens Grill in August as it was on the bucket list and would likely be the only time we could do it. It was totally fabulous and worth every penny! We said a more "affordable" way of getting most of the Grills perks would be Princess Grill and we'd consider that in future if the price was right.

Having said this 12 nights on board a Cunard ship in a Britannia stateroom would also be wonderful in its own way. More time in board a ship is always good. It depends on whether the extra perks in Grills would be more important than the longer holiday. We loved Queens Grill and our suite and it did make it very pampering and relaxing.

Let us know your decision.

Eddie

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The 12 night- of course- those short cruises are more like " pary cruises"! Anyway much nicer to enjoy a longer stay on board the Mary!
I suspect the Canaries trip is on QV or QE, we did a Canaries cruise on QM2 a few years ago but I haven't seen it offered since.[emoji25]

Thank you all for your comments.

Yes Hattie, the Canaries trip is on the QE and Hamburg is on the QV.

I'm still a bit undecided but leaning toward the 4 nights in Princess Grill. The reason being that as I will be paying the single supplement it's not that often an affordable price for me is offered in the Grills. Plus the 4 nighter is quite a bit less in price than the 12. The money I will "save" by not doing the 12 nights will go toward a round trip New York on QM2 next year!. That's my way of thinking anyway!

Thanks again

Daisy

I think if it means you get a chance to try the Grills, that you may not otherwise be able to try, I’d say go for it.

Unlike most others, we always prefer quality over quantity. It may not be right for others but it’s the way we like it.

Unlike most others, we always prefer quality over quantity. It may not be right for others but it’s the way we like it.

Me too ! That's why I've just booked the 4 nights to Hamburg in a Q5. I was going to book PG but the QG was not that much more in price so I went for it! Getting excited already.

Daisy

Me too ! That's why I've just booked the 4 nights to Hamburg in a Q5. I was going to book PG but the QG was not that much more in price so I went for it! Getting excited already.

Daisy

Now you're talking ! Have a great time

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 11:38 AM, DaisyDancer said:

Daisy

Daisy you have a winner. I presume this is a four day Southampton-Hamburg-Southampton. I did a westbound T/A on QM2 from Hamburg last year and found it to be a wonderful city. Cunard sponsors several tours of the city to give you a good taste of it. Enjoy your Q5 and the QV. Next year I am doing a two day Southampton to Hamburg and then a 10 Transatlantic from Hamburg. 

On 10/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, DaisyDancer said:

Daisy

Fabulous. I don’t think you’ll regret your decision.