Marriott Hotels only In Barcelona

Pedro2400

On 11/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, sillygoose11 said:

We will be staying at Cotton House later this month for five night using points (get 5 if you book 4 nights).  The hotel is located in a central area near PC.  Platinum members receive free breakfasts.  The only complaints I've read: rooms are small and food is expensive but the main floor is beautiful. 

We just stayed in the Cotton House for 2 nights in mid-November prior to our cruise.   Although I was only Silver Elite at the time, we were upgraded 2 categories to a lovely room with balcony.   However, we didn't use it because we were out or it was raining.

The hotel is stunning, the staff lovely and helpful.   But it is a lot of points.   I cannot comment on the size of a standard room, but our room was a nice size and the room amenities were very nice.  

We did not eat in the hotel, and were not entitled to breakfast, so we went a block away.   Cafe Alsur has great breakfasts and more.  Next door is a smaller shop for coffee/pastries which is open earlier  - which we needed the day we went to La Sagrada Familia for the early time slot.   Both reasonably priced compared to breakfast in the hotel.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just booked AC hotel Sants using 17,500 pts per night for 3 nights before our cruise in May. Can someone advise if it’s easy to take metro from Barcelona airport to hotel? Plan to take taxi to port on the day of sailing.

Just bookd the AC Sants in Barcelona for 3 nights using Marriott pts, 17500 per night before our cruise in May. I read lots of good reviews from trip advisor, it’s also very convenient taking train from airport to this hotel.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 5:53 PM, NancyIL said:

I stayed 4 nights at the Four Points Diagonal in June 2013. It was a nice hotel, but not walking distance to the sights we wanted to see.  I just checked rates for July 2019. The Four Points (Category 4) requires 25,000 Marriott points/night, and the AC Sants (Category 3) requires 17,500 points/night.

We'll return to Barcelona in early November 2019, and I'm trying to decide between the Renaissance Barcelona and the Alexandra Barcelona (Hilton) - using points.

What do you think of location of Alexandra Hilton location?

20 hours ago, Gigi Traveler said:

What do you think of location of Alexandra Hilton location?

I ended up booking Hotel Granvia for our fall pre-cruise stay. However,  I think the location of the Alexandra Barcelona near the Passeig de Gracia  is excellent: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d228648-Reviews-Alexandra_Barcelona_Hotel_Curio_Collection_by_Hilton-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

On 3/24/2019 at 6:33 PM, ricki said:

We have stayed several times at the AC Irla in Barcelona.  It's a bit out of the way, but in a lovely residential area, which we prefer.  It's also close to some excellent restaurants.

Ricki

Our transatlantic cruise ends in Barcelona on May 18 and we're spending 2 nights at the AC Irla.  We have 4 rooms for the 8 in our group.  When we disembark, we have a full day tour with Barcelona Day Tours and they will drop us off at the hotel.  We plan on doing the Hop On/Hop Off bus on the 19th.  You mentioned "excellent restaurants".  Any recommendations for a dinner spot on the 18th and breakfast on the 19th?  We're going to a Flamenco dinner and show on the 19th.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2019 at 12:59 PM, Pedro2400 said:

i just booked AC Hotel Victoria Suites.

I just booked this hotel using my points. Have you stayed yet? Any reviews would be much appreciated! Wanting to know if the area is safe, easy to catch transportation and any restaurant recommendations. THANKS!! 

55 minutes ago, noahsark99 said:

I just booked this hotel using my points. Have you stayed yet? Any reviews would be much appreciated! Wanting to know if the area is safe, easy to catch transportation and any restaurant recommendations. THANKS!! 

I am staying in this hotel on July 5th and 6th.I will give you my feedback

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, Pedro2400 said:

We will be staying for two nights in July 2019 for our Oasis of the seas cruise, we would like to use our Marriott points.

Any good ( no too expensive) Marriott only hotel recommendations ?

Which hotel did you choose? Just booked for 2020 and am starting the search. 

We stayed at the AC hotel Sants by Marriott using points (17500pts per night) in May before our cruise. It’s a basic hotel and close to train station and metro stations. It’s in a nice neighborhood and away from the tourist area. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 10:16 PM, Baletrina said:

Which hotel did you choose? Just booked for 2020 and am starting the search. 

we liked this hotel. Very clean and close to FC Barcelona and other area. I wouldn't mind staying again.

• 1 month later...