What would it take to get you to rebook?

RC called us today to inform us that our cruise, leaving in 2 days, was oversold. Would we be interested in cancelling? I’m curious as to what their offer would have to be to get you to bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They called us with the same situation last year. We had ,4 people in 2 cabins. They offered a 100% refund on both cabins if we moved the 4 of us into one cabin. We took the offer. They also combined all the OBC we had from both cabins and let us keep it all.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

^+1, full refund and some other cabin would be good enough for me. If they really want you off the ship, I'd ask for at least 50% off the fare of some alternate. Whatever the offer is, it's likely to be a take it or leave it situation, since RCI knows sorta what offer people will usually take.

Good deal. Not a lot of folks that could cancel a 5 day cruise out of Tampa and take a 7 day one out of Boston in 3 days.

mac_tlc

My traveling partner works for United, so we fly standby and airfare isn’t an issue. Thankfully, the dates matched up for the vacation time I had taken.

They called us with the same situation last year. We had ,4 people in 2 cabins. They offered a 100% refund on both cabins if we moved the 4 of us into one cabin. We took the offer. They also combined all the OBC we had from both cabins and let us keep it all.

^+1, full refund and some other cabin would be good enough for me. If they really want you off the ship, I'd ask for at least 50% off the fare of some alternate. Whatever the offer is, it's likely to be a take it or leave it situation, since RCI knows sorta what offer people will usually take.

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that you got the cruise fare for free and they moved you to another cabin on the same cruise?

Dan