Club Class M1 MiniSuite or S4 Penthouse Suite on the Majestic Princess?

dadsbdaycruiser

We are going on a New Years Cruise on the Majestic Princess to Australia, and are debating between a large M1minisuite (314 sq ft including balcony) and a S4 Penthouse Suite (440 sq ft including balcony)... the price difference is substantial- and don't know if it is worth it for the Suite perks. We have never traveled with Princess, but have traveled with Celebrity in various suites as well as regular cabins as well as Cunard in Princess Grill. Both are on the Riviera deck... thanks!!

We are going on a New Years Cruise on the Majestic Princess to Australia, and are debating between a large M1minisuite (314 sq ft including balcony) and a S4 Penthouse Suite (440 sq ft including balcony)... the price difference is substantial- and don't know if it is worth it for the Suite perks. We have never traveled with Princess, but have traveled with Celebrity in various suites as well as regular cabins as well as Cunard in Princess Grill. Both are on the Riviera deck... thanks!!

Well, if the budget allows, it would be a suite for us.. The extra perks are wonderful.. We don't find much value in a mini-suite, although the Club Class is a goid bonus..

The breakfast in a specialty restaurant with mimosas and specialty coffees, etc, the free laundry same day, the mini bar set up, Concierge lounge (definitely not like Michael's Club on Celebrity, but s step in that direction) , priority tender and line at Guest Services, evening happy hour, etc all make suites great for us, beyond the extra space..

Only you know how much value you place on the space and extra perks versus money spent.

Wow it looks like full suites on the Majestic are a lot smaller than Grand Class ships. On the Crown most Vista Suites S6 are well over 450 sq ft and I know Penthouse suites start at over 500 sq ft. Full suites come with one time mini bar, free laundry, breakfast at a specialty restaurant just for full suite passengers. That being said location and money would make the difference for me. Check out deck plans and see what is above and below each stateroom.

Wow it looks like full suites on the Majestic are a lot smaller than Grand Class ships. On the Crown most Vista Suites S6 are well over 450 sq ft and I know Penthouse suites start at over 500 sq ft. Full suites come with one time mini bar, free laundry, breakfast at a specialty restaurant just for full suite passengers. That being said location and money would make the difference for me. Check out deck plans and see what is above and below each stateroom.

Balcony area is factored into overall stateroom area. Could this be the difference between a Grand Class and Royal Class?

The suite us worth the difference with this disclaimer Princess has down sized all of the full suites on the new builds and they do not compare with the full suites on the older ships.

The club mini suite is the same as the other mini suites and do not come with the perks: free laundry, Sabatini's, dining room menu served in the suite, tea, etc.

P&J

We just returned from a Premium suite on the Majestic. It is at the bow of the ship but is larger than the penthouse suites on the Riviera Deck which are mid-aft but near the VIP lounge. Access to the VIP lounge is via your Suite cruise card.

We have a penthouse suite booked on the Majestic next March. We visited a penthouse suite, and they are definitely smaller than the 4 penthouse suites that we sailed in on the Grand Class ships on the Caribe deck with 9 x 17 balconies.

The suites at the aft have decent size balconies, but can have soot problems. A friend said that their steward had to put a towel near the door so that they would not track soot all over their suite carpet.

The Majestic is a gorgeous ship, but with very narrow balconies. Instead of 2 teak loungers and a table with 4 chairs that you get on the Grand class, there are two chairs and a small table. My hubby had to move the table out of the way because you could not get by with it in the way.

I posted a whole bunch of photos of C102 on a FB Princess Cruise Cabin group.

If you have specific questions, please ask.

USB ports by the bed are nice.

Internet on the Majestic is a lot faster than on the Star, Grand, or Pacific.

Yes the suites are much smaller along with the smaller balconies on the Royal Class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going to go with with Penthouse Suite, we will have enough days at sea that the suite will make a difference- and The scenery in New Zealand is lovely- and having twice as many windows will be nice (wish the balcony was a little bigger, but we’ll be alright).

Thanks for all your insights. The laundry, breakfast, additional attention and priority embankment/disembarkment are all nice things to have when you’re on a larger ship.

We are going to go with with Penthouse Suite, we will have enough days at sea that the suite will make a difference- and The scenery in New Zealand is lovely- and having twice as many windows will be nice (wish the balcony was a little bigger, but we’ll be alright).

Thanks for all your insights. The laundry, breakfast, additional attention and priority embankment/disembarkment are all nice things to have when you’re on a larger ship.

Great choice! Don't forget, it is SAME day complimentary laundry in the suites, out by 9 am and returned that evening. Be sure to check the Presto box.

Complimentary specialty dining on Embarkation evening. Call the DINE line to make reservations, you can even split up if you want. Hubby went to the Crown Grill and and I went to Harmony.

This ship gives corsages and boutonnieres on the first formal night.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cflutist

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 10:09 AM, cflutist said:

We just returned from a Premium suite on the Majestic. It is at the bow of the ship but is larger than the penthouse suites on the Riviera Deck which are mid-aft but near the VIP lounge. Access to the VIP lounge is via your Suite cruise card.

We have a penthouse suite booked on the Majestic next March. We visited a penthouse suite, and they are definitely smaller than the 4 penthouse suites that we sailed in on the Grand Class ships on the Caribe deck with 9 x 17 balconies.

The suites at the aft have decent size balconies, but can have soot problems. A friend said that their steward had to put a towel near the door so that they would not track soot all over their suite carpet.

The Majestic is a gorgeous ship, but with very narrow balconies. Instead of 2 teak loungers and a table with 4 chairs that you get on the Grand class, there are two chairs and a small table. My hubby had to move the table out of the way because you could not get by with it in the way.

I posted a whole bunch of photos of C102 on a FB Princess Cruise Cabin group.

If you have specific questions, please ask.

USB ports by the bed are nice.

Internet on the Majestic is a lot faster than on the Star, Grand, or Pacific.

Hi!  I am in a penthouse suite on the Majestic in 26 days (who's counting) and I wonder could you please tell me what the VIP lounge is? As I've never been in a suite before, any other secret hints for suite guests would be greatly appreciated too.  Thanks heaps!  

Snacks, sandwiches,  pastries, coffee tea, make your espresso beverages available (saw the same machine in the galley tour). Like our personal International Cafe. Access by tapping your Suite Cruise Card.

Seating, tables, TV, and books.

Concierge works posted hours and will take care of your shorex or purser desl needs.

Complimentary same day laundry,  out by 9am, returned that evening.  Be sure to check the "presto" box on the laundry slip.

Breakfast in the Crown Grill,  can order anything from the MDR menus for en-suite dining.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cflutist said:

Snacks, sandwiches,  pastries, coffee tea, make your espresso beverages available (saw the same machine in the galley tour). Like our personal International Cafe. Access by tapping your Suite Cruise Card.

Seating, tables, TV, and books.

Concierge works posted hours and will take care of your shorex or purser desl needs.

Complimentary same day laundry,  out by 9am, returned that evening.  Be sure to check the "presto" box on the laundry slip.

Breakfast in the Crown Grill,  can order anything from the MDR menus for en-suite dining.

Oh. My. Goodness!  That sounds wonderful.  Thanks so much for sharing your information!!  Waiting for another 26 days is going to kill me. LOL!!!