Cannes to Monte Carlo

AK Dreaming

Been to Cannes several times but my mom wants to go to Monte Carlo. We are in Cannes from 8 to 6. I would rather take the train than the ship excursion, but was wondering if anyone had experience with the train from Cannes to Monte Carlo? Any info appreciated.

The $20eu RT train ride is approximately 70 minutes each way and is quite doable. Depending on what train you catch, let’s say you get there by 10:00. I always want to get back early in case of issues so I would look for a train departing Monte Carlo around 3:00. That’ll give you 5 hours in Monte Carlo which is probably more than a ships excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the train from Monte Carlo to Nice. The hardest part was figuring out which train we needed. The signs in the train station don’t always tell you all the stops so it’s best to find a live person to purchase your ticket from. Once we figured out which train we neede it was a piece of cake. The trains were clean and very easy to use. I wouldn’t hesitate to take the train between Cannes and Monte Carlo.