Tour operator that isn't a business

Clipsy01

Hello all,

Going to Bermuda in Nov. this year and met online a gentlemen offering to do a tour with me and wife and 7 yr daughter. We've had a few emails back and forth and I've asked but just trying to get more info. He quoted me a price and while he is not a professional tour operator he does it on the side when not working his FT job. No business page, etc. He has recommended like other plenty of options and places to visit and to go. Just unsure if the guy is legit so looking for anything additional. He offered his phone listing and referrals if I wanted.

His name is Peter Barrett.

If it was me, I do not do it. I rather pay a real professional. There are other options out there: a tour with a real taxis cab / or a tour through a big company. A place/business that already have a lot of reviews and know that it will be safe. If you are going to the Horseshoe Bay, there are mini vans that take passengers for $7 each way from the dockyard.

I posted his name so if he's a member here and lives in Bermuda I would imagine he would see this post but you never know. Just seeing if anyone else heard of the guy. I expalined I wasn't too keen on doing it with him not being a business, etc. He stated he understood and then offered his phone and referrals. Just seeing if I can dig up anything on him here. We will be there on Nov. 12 and from what I've seen it limited activities due to the holiday.

I posted his name so if he's a member here and lives in Bermuda I would imagine he would see this post but you never know. Just seeing if anyone else heard of the guy. I expalined I wasn't too keen on doing it with him not being a business, etc. He stated he understood and then offered his phone and referrals. Just seeing if I can dig up anything on him here. We will be there on Nov. 12 and from what I've seen it limited activities due to the holiday.

I have seen his name recently on social media. He is persistent in offering his services on any post asking questions. As no tourists have recommended him or reviewed him yet we have not seen any reports positive or negative. So your hesitation is warranted. It is kind of chicken or the egg. I don’t know if Bermuda requires guides to be licensed like in many countries.

Edited by Charles4515

Hello all,

Going to Bermuda in Nov. this year and met online a gentlemen offering to do a tour with me and wife and 7 yr daughter. We've had a few emails back and forth and I've asked but just trying to get more info. He quoted me a price and while he is not a professional tour operator he does it on the side when not working his FT job. No business page, etc. He has recommended like other plenty of options and places to visit and to go. Just unsure if the guy is legit so looking for anything additional. He offered his phone listing and referrals if I wanted.

His name is Peter Barrett.

He’s the only person I ever see advertising his services on the Bermuda FB page. For this reason alone I don’t like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...