Oasis Embarkation Delayed This Sunday

Just got this email in reference to Oasis embarkation for this Sunday, 10/7, what a bummer, usually like getting in early!! Ughhh

Dear Guest,

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard the Oasis of the Seas. As you get ready to sail around the Eastern Caribbean, we have some important details to share with you!

We will be conducting necessary maintenance on a few of our verandas, and as a result, your boarding time has changed to 2:00 PM. We kindly ask that you arrive at this time, as seating in the terminal is limited.

Also, as a friendly reminder, your cruise sets sail at 4:30 PMand check-in will be open until 3:30 PM. All guests must be onboard 60 minutes prior to your departure.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International”

What’s everyone’s experience with this type of delay, do they really not start boarding until 2pm?? Is it worth still showing up early?

When they give specific information like that your boarding in all likelihood will be delayed just as they stated.

It is the generic “ your boarding time is xx:xx” tha5 can be ignored.

That's gonna be tough, getting ALL passengers onboard in a 1 hour window! I'd get there around 12:30...bet they will let you on into the public areas. Sounds like it's the balcony cabins that might have a delayed opening.

That's gonna be tough, getting ALL passengers onboard in a 1 hour window! I'd get there around 12:30...bet they will let you on into the public areas. Sounds like it's the balcony cabins that might have a delayed opening.

I was thinking the same thing, that terminal will be a zoo!!!

Just got this email in reference to Oasis embarkation for this Sunday, 10/7, what a bummer, usually like getting in early!! Ughhh

Dear Guest,

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard the Oasis of the Seas. As you get ready to sail around the Eastern Caribbean, we have some important details to share with you!

We will be conducting necessary maintenance on a few of our verandas, and as a result, your boarding time has changed to 2:00 PM. We kindly ask that you arrive at this time, as seating in the terminal is limited.

Also, as a friendly reminder, your cruise sets sail at 4:30 PMand check-in will be open until 3:30 PM. All guests must be onboard 60 minutes prior to your departure.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International”

Hmmm I always thought it was needed to be on board approx 90 min before :confused:

What a mess check in will be. Do they typically offer any compensation in these situations?

I'd like to know the same thing, cutting my cruise short!!! lol

I am probably still going to arrive early and hope for the best, trying to get 6,000+ people on the ship in 1.5 hours will be absolute mayhem.

I've never seen a delayed boarding due to that. We got an email for our Oasis last fall and Allure a few years ago for delayed arrival due to inspections. For those, we just go ahead and go at the time we normally do and have boarded both times at the normal time (~11 am). This is a bit different, but yeah, expect the terminal to be a zoo. I'm assuming they can't have the gangway over when they're doing maintenance because it will probably be in the way so they can't board on time.

What a mess check in will be. Do they typically offer any compensation in these situations?

I’m assuming you’re joking. Can’t believe anyone would expect to be compensated for a slight inconvenience.

We have gotten similar emails a number of times for different reasons. We have never changed our plans and have always been onboard at the normal time.

Now whether this time will be different I cannot say. But for me personally I will be heading to the port at my normal time.

If I wait....I wait...

We have gotten similar emails a number of times for different reasons. We have never changed our plans and have always been onboard at the normal time.

Now whether this time will be different I cannot say. But for me personally I will be heading to the port at my normal time.

If I wait....I wait...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we got off oasis last Sunday (9/30) they had completely removed three balconies from deck 7 on the starboard side and were rebuilding them. Everything from the sliding doors out was gone (superstructure and all) and the crew were standing on the top of the lifeboats working on where they had been attached. Our balcony on deck 8 port side had maintenance crew working on it all week between chipping all the rust, to priming, to painting, so it isn't surprising that there were more balconies that were in desperate need of repair.

When we got off oasis last Sunday (9/30) they had completely removed three balconies from deck 7 on the starboard side and were rebuilding them. Everything from the sliding doors out was gone (superstructure and all) and the crew were standing on the top of the lifeboats working on where they had been attached. Our balcony on deck 8 port side had maintenance crew working on it all week between chipping all the rust, to priming, to painting, so it isn't surprising that there were more balconies that were in desperate need of repair.

When we sailed on Oasis in March there were also 2 or 3 balconies that we noticed that they were doing significant work to.

I received the 2:00pm email.

Doesn’t bother me, but we have our parents with us (read can’t stand forever) so not too sure what the easiest arrival time will be?

You have a very short window between 2pm and 3:30pm. I'd probably get there around 2:30pm, after the initial rush.

Does anybody know whether those rooms were regular balconies or a Junior Suite Balconies?

The ones they removed last week were regular balconies. Ours that was being repaired during the cruise was a JS balcony.