Tipping

bauer

Our specialty restaurant and drink gratuities are paid. I'm aware that the per person gratuity will have to be paid, but I was told that we needed to tip waiter in diningroom. How would you do that when you would not have the same waiter all the time and may not even choose to eat in the dining room?

Just leave the auto tipping in place you will be billed at the end of the cruise for the Daily Gratuity or you can pre pay it before you leave home (if you do not want a large bill )

It covers waitstaff & housekeeping

Our specialty restaurant and drink gratuities are paid. I'm aware that the per person gratuity will have to be paid, but I was told that we needed to tip waiter in diningroom. How would you do that when you would not have the same waiter all the time and may not even choose to eat in the dining room?

Whoever told you that is wrong. You do not have to pay the waiters in the dining room if auto gratuities are in place. It is a shame that there is so much misinformation being given out by clueless people on things that are very well established.

It sounds like you are opted for an Open Dining option, which is fine.

No fixed table, no fixed dining room stewards: there is no need to offer an additional gratuity. The same with a Wine Steward that may serve you. Whatever beverage you may purchase during your dining room dinner, there will be a gratuity added. That is sufficient.

The tips cover all of your waiters, and cabin attendant. No "cash" tips are needed during the cruise at all. Your drinks and specialty restaurants tips are taken care of already.

They will add the daily tips to your account, if you don't opt to pay them in advance. No worries...everyone is covered, even if you have different waiters every meal.

Just curious who told you this - it's a bit misleading. As others have said, have your gratuities automatically charged daily to your stateroom account. With that, there is no need to pay any additional gratuities to anyone, unless you choose to at your own discretion. And you are correct that your specialty restaurant fees and drinks purchased individually or as a package include gratuities, so no additional gratuities are necessary with that either.

Whoever told you that was wrong. Your auto-grats cover that. Some people give extra, either out of habit or 'tradition' or because they feel like the service they got was 'above and beyond but in no way is it required.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TahitiSun said:

What do you usually tip for room service?

We have no standard or pre-conceived ideas, basing any tip on the quality of the service provided.

When they hand us the tray at the door, they receive, "Thank you." When they ask to enter the cabin and set up and take great detail in making sure it is correct, we tip well.

• Like 1