Well this sucks Carnival reduce cabin price

Well this sucks Carnival reduce cabin prices in latest sale , I booked a cruise for $4,038, now carnival are selling the cabins around my cabin for $3,338

my TA better give me a fare reduction

Depends when the cruise is for and if you have made final payment nothing they can do and normally it’s for new bookings only

If your outside the 181 days you maybe able to cancel out and rebook but you could lose your cabin and any perks you have

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have asked my TA , just waiting to hear back, its made me a bit angry $700 cheaper than when i booked it, and anther $100 on board credit from when I booked it, the cruise is still 4 months away and only paid a deposit.

Why get angry and as we said you may or may not get it as you are in penalty period if you cancel out and rebook

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They offer a price and one of the few benefits a consumer has is you get to choose when to accept it.

Of course, the earlier you do the better.

No guarantee that a better deal doesn’t come later, but you still get the benefit of when you book that you ncan make connecting bookings and start other planning.

If something can be offered, great but it’s not something to be expected, or angry if you don’t get.

My motto no matter what I am buying is if I am happy with the price I paid then it is what it is after that.

Best not to look once you made your purchase if it upsets you

Agree, especially if like the OP it would make me angry??

I once arranged to meet someone at a pub we had not been to before. I got the first round - $5 a schooner. My mate got the second round, and came back and said wow the beer is cheap here. Turned out is was now happy hour, with beers now $3 each. Did I get angry? No I laughed, called him a rude name, and made sure we got as many beers in until the price went back to normal :D:D

I once arranged to meet someone at a pub we had not been to before. I got the first round - $5 a schooner. My mate got the second round, and came back and said wow the beer is cheap here. Turned out is was now happy hour, with beers now $3 each. Did I get angry? No I laughed, called him a rude name, and made sure we got as many beers in until the price went back to normal :D:D

I’d have insisted he buy the 3rd round too 😋🤓😛

My motto no matter what I am buying is if I am happy with the price I paid then it is what it is after that.

Best not to look once you made your purchase if it upsets you

Cheers Carole

Pretty much what I do, book at a price I can live with, Watch like a hawk to take advantage of price drops (record was 8 saving over $700 ea and picking up a wad of OBC) when I can no longer re-fare, stop looking.

I didn’t reall expect our Hawaii cruse to drop, it seems very popular, and with NCL only in their second season here I wasn’t expecting much to happen (though on NCL guarantee cabins dropped a long way)

This is exactly the right attitude!

When the OP booked they were happy with the price! Same with every single flight or hotel booking, I can promise you 90% of the time you paid more than someone else in the same flight/hotel as you.

All businesses run promotions and sales, you win some, you lose some... the price could have went the other way as well.

Honestly don’t think you will get a refund or entitled to one, you usually find last minute the cabins are the least desirable, don’t come with perks such as obc etc as well!

Just enjoy your cruise and stop checking the price if you know it’s going to upset you ;)