Costa Diadema Samsara Suite

CoupleUK

39 cruises (mostly) enjoyed so far - this will be our 2nd on Costa after a 10 year break.

What can we expect from our Diadema Samsara Suite (11005) by way of perks?

Any recent menus or drink lists please?

Any helpful suggestions on how to get the best out of our Costa cruise.

We are sailing at Christmas in the Med

Edited by CoupleUK

As A Samsara Suite guest you can eat in the Samsara restaurant which is much better than the Club Dining Room next door, although the menu is quite limited it is okay for a week. Do book the Tappanyaki Restaurant for one of your nights and get there early so you can choose your preferred seating. Over the Christmas week the Diadema is very crowded and we found it very noisy, although being in the Samsara restaurant is a lot better than the MDR & indeed the club which is over-subscribed during that period. Best bar is either wine bar aft if Rick is playing or the Country Rock Club mid-ships on 5.

As a Suite guest you have instant boarding but only after a set boarding time. (on your ticket) full use of mini-bar in cabin and plenty of choice as to wines at your table, do ask which ones are included or they palm you off with plonk, a good choice is available by asking, you also get a butler who can book tours for you or anything else you need.

Samsara Suites are fairly roomy and nice and offer some Samsara benefits .

Thank You for your helpful post.

I was a bit concerned that Id read somewhere that the Samsara Suite did NOT include the Samsara Restaurant any more and that it was a purely pay to eat now ??

What are the shows like? - Im guessing very similar to MSC as its Italian - lots of opera vocalists and nothing really making sense lol basically the same group of acts rehashed each night.

Just back off the Costa Magica. We were not in a suite and ate in the club restaurant most nights.

We have not been going to the shows for ages and decided to give them another try. We skipped the tenor. The shows were actually not bad at all. The singers were reasonable and sang in various languages but mainly English. There were 8 female and 3 male dancers and the choreography was good. We have been to shows on the Diadema a few years ago and they were diabolical. I think in general the entertainment has improved a lot. It is really going back to the pre-Concordia days.

I think you are right and the Samsara is now a pay-for restaurant. We used to get a freebie once a cruise and really did not rate the food when we last went. It was a sort of fusion thing that did not appeal to us. The food in the Club (suite guests and Perla diamante) has improved. We had some really good meals. The gala evening was very good(we were all a bit green around the gills because of rough seas) and the last evening I had stunning lamb chops, "crumbed with parmasan" and perfectly cooked. Not too pink, just slightly and so tender. There was a reasonable cheese board with 4 cheeses every night. The gorgonzola was lovely and runny.

We're not teppanyaki fans but usually eat in the pay for pizza/burger place at least once a cruise. The pizzas are individually made and good (I make my own and I wish I could have them make the dough freshly for me every time). The burgers are also really great. They are advertised at one price but always seem to be half price when you go. They serve a bowl of olives as a starter and there are desserts but we were too full to have anything this time. They are standard. Apple pie, lemon pie, tiramisu, choc mousse or fresh fruit plate.

Pity you are going in December because there is a bar at the back on deck 5 and it is great to sit out there looking at the wake and having a drink when the weather is warm.

Well back to work tomorrow but hoping that hubby will be able to book the Favolosa with an upgrade for 4weeks time.

Riana

Thank You for the reply - I am hoping that the Samsara is included but wont get my hopes up - I just hope we can get a decent table for 2 that isn't crammed in next to another with just 6 inches separating them (ie Royal Caribbean/Celebrity)

We've started to do a lot of cruises on MSC - but only in Yacht Club (prices are increasing so we have to make do with an inside YC these days) - the service, space and food quality is FAR superior to any cruise line we've been on in the past 10 years or so.

Well certainly last Christmas the Samsara was included, even though we ate most nights in the Club restaurant we did use the Samsara twice the chefs do cook for both restaurants but with a few more choices in the Samsara.

But again knowing how quickly Costa change the rules, who knows. not booking with them again until after Brexit.

My wife has just reminded me that last Christmas on the Diadema, the Club restaurant was so crowded that late comers were being sent into the Samsara restaurant as the Club was totally full as there are more suite guests than tables. Maybe that is why they are now charging to eat in there even for samsara guests.

If her memory serves her correctly some suite guests were asking Maître 'd to be swopped to the Samsara rather than put up with waiting for a table in the Club.

'Note' allocated table numbers would stop all the rush to get one in the Club over Christmas., they have brought that in on other ships for the evening meal.

When on Diadema in May 2018 samsara was a pay restaurant. We used it one night(free due to petal status) it was so quite in there. There was only us and 1 other table occupied. Waiter told us they had had only 12 people in all night. So don't think the samsara suite guests were in there. Don't know when you are going but the spa private sun deck with hot tub and bar was where we spent s lot of time. Quite(no music blaring) and no under 18s.lots of sun lounger available

I now know this is yet another change to Costa's policy's, just like them removing points from long term loyal club members, due to ill heath I have not been able to cruise since February although my wife has. If I can not cruise after June next year I will be below the 26.000 points for Diamante although we have cruised with Costa 36 times since 1995. I am lucky as my wife still retains her points but I am now thinking changing & not cruising with Costa again, simply because of how they are treating the guests in particular Samsara & suite Guest's who like that little bit extra in their cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

When we were on Diadema from 31st Dec to 7th Jan , we were allocated to Samsara restaurant for dinner as the club restaurant was too busy. The Samsara was reasonably quiet but we were not impressed by the service in there. On the last night we were asked to go into the club restaurant as Samsara was busy ( people having their freebie) and we really enjoyed our meal as the service was top notch.

My tip to you is don’t put up with bad service. If you’re unhappy with anything then talk to the restaurant manager. It’s your cruise and you want every aspect to be pretty much perfect. I hope you have a lovely time.

Caryl

• 3 weeks later...

We ( my mum 69 and myself 49 from uk) really enjoyed most of the shows. As it is currently the flag ship seems that the dancers and singers were their best. Big big stage with extensions that moved during some of the shows.  Music in the country rock club was great and we spent a large part of each evening there. We danced a little ballroom and Latin in the main bar lounge however the dance floor was very narrow ( more so than older costa ships) and it got busy. The Latin dance shows were good but get there early as chock a block.  Music in general was louder than it used to be but not as loud as on the favolosa last year. 

Booked again for April this time with Hubby.