Opinions of These 3 P Roma Hôtels

Joan Travels

I haven't stayed at any of them but will say that the Olimpia does require a walk over one small bridge, whereas the other 2 are located right on the square (Piazzale Roma).

If you need an elevator be sure to inquire. Many hotels don't have a 'lift'.

There's a new hotel now on Piazzale Roma .... AC Hotel Venezia. No bridge to cross.

And the Arlecchino is located right next door to Olimpia, so only 1 small bridge to cross.

We stayed at the Santa Chiara in August and loved it. And it is in a great position. However, be sure to book a room in the main hotel and not the annexe. All the bad reviews are for those rooms!

You are unlikely to find anybody who has stayed at all three hotels to make a comparison. Suggest you read the Tripadvisor reviews, get online prices, then make a decision.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Deciding between Ca Doge, Santa Chiara, and Hotel Olimpia for ease of transportation from airport and over to port on departure day. Any experience with these hotels to help me decide where to stay?

Have stayed a few times at the Hotel Olimpia when it was a Best Western. You do have some stairs to manoeuvre over a bridge and down to the hotel. It does have a small elevator. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and we always enjoyed our stays there.

we are staying at Hotel Santa Chiara starting next Tuesday for our cruise on the 21st. I will let you know how it is when we return. I got what I thought was a wonderful rate by combining our air and 4 days hotel with a suite room in the main hotel with free breakfast and wifi at the Santa Chiara. There is a great youtube video showing how to get to the hotel from the airport bus which makes it look very easy.

We actually like Ca Doge :). It is more like a small inn or B&B then a hotel which suites us just fine. They include a nice breakfast and the hotel is located in a very quiet corner of the P. Roma just a short walk from the ATVO bus...with no bridges. The downside is that Ca Doge does not have an elevator (pretty normal for smaller places in Venice).

Hank

We went through the same exercise. We had booked the Olimpia until a friend told us about the AC Marriott. We will be staying there in 2 weeks. Will let you know how it is. It looks like a very convenient location. I have been in Venice on other trips. Taking luggage on boats or across canals is tough. There is a luggage drop in the Piazzele Roma. If you want to stay further in, leave bags at the drop and only take a small bag with you.

We went through the same exercise. We had booked the Olimpia until a friend told us about the AC Marriott. We will be staying there in 2 weeks. Will let you know how it is. It looks like a very convenient location. I have been in Venice on other trips. Taking luggage on boats or across canals is tough. There is a luggage drop in the Piazzele Roma. If you want to stay further in, leave bags at the drop and only take a small bag with you.

The last time we were in Venice I happened to walk past the AC Venezia (which I believe is a Marriott property) and thought it looked like a place we might want to stay in the future. Please post a short review about your stay :).

Hank

• 1 month later...

we're back from our trip - still trying to figure out the new boards..... I said I would come back and report on Santa Chiara. It was fabulous!!! gorgeous room, great location, very easy to get to. Much easier than I expected. Very short walk from the airport bus. And very close to the water bus, and other transportation. The breakfast buffet was great. I loved it. So glad I read about it here and on the europeforvisitors website! I would stay there again. 

4 hours ago, cuterlmt said:

we're back from our trip - still trying to figure out the new boards..... I said I would come back and report on Santa Chiara. It was fabulous!!! gorgeous room, great location, very easy to get to. Much easier than I expected. Very short walk from the airport bus. And very close to the water bus, and other transportation. The breakfast buffet was great. I loved it. So glad I read about it here and on the europeforvisitors website! I would stay there again. 

So glad it worked out well for you! We too thought it was a great hotel in a great position.