Temperatures on the ships

dateacher

On our last Celebrity cruise (to the Carribbean) I was cold all of the time I was on the ship. I ended up buying a sweatshirt because of the temperature. This time (to the Mediterranean) I took extra jackets, sweaters, shawls and sweatshirts and never needed any of them.

Is there a difference in temperatures on the different ships or itineraries? I don't want to take so many extra things on my next cruise if they have started raising the temperature on ships.

I realize everyone is affected by temperatures differently but a few others on my ship said the same thing.

Gosh, I always bring some sort of warm wrap!

Sometimes, public areas on the ship are cold enough to "hang meat"! :eek: :D

Yes they usually are. This time I never even needed anything more than a short sleeve top.

I find a lot of it has to do with the outside temperature. On Caribbean cruises I find the AC inside too cold, too much contrast to the heat outside and I usually need a sweater. While in Iceland, the inside temperature seemed quite nice and I rarely needed a sweater unless I was actually going outside. Also if you get a little too much sun in the Caribbean that can make you feel quite cold.

We were on Solstice Sept 14 - 21 and the weather was not the best. I found the ship cool and I was really glad of the sweater I had brought. I agree with the poster who said some public areas are cold enough to hang meat. Funny. We found the hallways very cold. We wonder if keeping the ship cool is a way to keep Noro to a minimum?

I've not noticed any change in ship temperatures over the years in the Caribbean. If you're a person who is usually chilly in restaurants, movies, shopping malls in air conditioned surroundings, bring a sweater. I'm rarely cold in those locales and haven't needed a sweater of the ship...except in Alaska where the extra bundling was needed because it was 35 degrees outside while looking at Hubbard Glacier. Inside the ship was fine.

Lots of cruises on X and the only time we have been cold or hot was in our cabin and we could adjust the temperature. But then again last night at a fund raising dinner one of my friend was hot 2 of us were comfortable and 2 were cold.

If you look at the average age of the passengers there is a reason why they keep the common areas cool. Some passengers wash their hair once a week, if that! It's to keep the smell down and to reduce sickness. The S-class ships are kept even colder because they can regulate it more. I always prepare myself with multiple layers.

If you look at the average age of the passengers there is a reason why they keep the common areas cool. Some passengers wash their hair once a week, if that! It's to keep the smell down and to reduce sickness.

On our recent cruise to Alaska, there was one large group who wore the same clothes daily. It was not good being in the same elevator with some of them.

I found that the first two days of cruising in the Caribbean, it was cold in the stateroom. Then we when got in the warmer climate, it was more comfortable.

My opinion is unwashed hair or desease control has nothing to do with it, but common areas are cooled at a level to handle a full room of warm bodies and all our exhaling. And when fewer are in it, it’s cooler.

And of course when we step inside from a hot day the inside will feel cooler than it really is, and the opposite when coming in from the cold.

My experience is the ships seem to be pretty standard, but each of us will react differently to the same environment. And I always have the extra cover

Den

My opinion is unwashed hair or desease control has nothing to do with it, but common areas are cooled at a level to handle a full room of warm bodies and all our exhaling. And when fewer are in it, it’s cooler.

And of course when we step inside from a hot day the inside will feel cooler than it really is, and the opposite when coming in from the cold.

My experience is the ships seem to be pretty standard, but each of us will react differently to the same environment. And I always have the extra cover

Den

Opinions are great but when someone get’s the same answer from an officer with 4 stripes & a Captain’s wife, just maybe it’s factual... Enjoy your Cruise :cool::'):D

I have sailed Celebrity close to 50 times. I have never noticed any trends in which ships are colder; which itineraries are colder, and so on. The one exception was in Alaska where the areas fore and aft of the side doors that open to the outside are generally cold. Your best bet would be to try to connect with someone who has just sailed the ship and itinerary you are going to sail and ask them. I always bring a sweater with me, and sometimes a shawl as well as there is really no predicting.

If you look at the average age of the passengers there is a reason why they keep the common areas cool. Some passengers wash their hair once a week, if that! It's to keep the smell down and to reduce sickness. .

Was the intention of this to be humerous? If so, it really missed the mark!:eek:

:halo: Nothing humorous whatsoever. Clearly you didn't read my post correctly...

Your answer here affirms my reading and understanding of your original post. I just was doubting that anyone would post that as a serious post. Obviously I was correct in understanding your meaning. I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

• Haha 1