Celebrity IT Strikes Again

Luvcrusn

Knowing that the server was moved earlier today, I logged in fully expecting my reservation to disappear or some other typical IT SNAFU. Using a private window I logged into my reservation and was amazed that it was there and hadn't disappeared. I tried clicking Manage My Reservation and received an error message. I tried Online Check In and it said it's not available. 60 days out I knew that was incorrect, (it was available yesterday and last week). I called Captains Club, they also tried to no avail. They escalated the issue and opened a ticket. (I'm pretty sure that the Edge is being built with all the tickets they've opened from me alone in the last year and a half). Well, at least they're consistent.:confused::eek::rolleyes:

It is. I fully expected problems once the transfer to a new server occurred based on the past history of the Celebrity IT team. If nothing else, they've shown themselves to be problem ridden consistently. Therefore, since I didn't expect a different result, it couldn't be me that's insane. It must be the X IT team who expected a smooth transition when clearly nothing that has been done by them concerning the website has gone right!;p

I'm only curious to see if this newest wrinkle will be ironed out before my next sailing.

Knowing they were moving the server why would you even try to do anything?

Fortunately, we have had god luck with the website over the years, but we never do anything over the weekend as they do maintenance and updates on the weekends. This weekend a server move was added to tmix.

Knowing they were moving the server why would you even try to do anything?

Fortunately, we have had god luck with the website over the years, but we never do anything over the weekend as they do maintenance and updates on the weekends. This weekend a server move was added to tmix.

:) Why even try if as the OP states there would be a “SNAFU”? We also have never had website issues but others have, we are apparently lucky.

Edited by Oville

Knowing that the server was moved earlier today, I logged in fully expecting my reservation to disappear or some other typical IT SNAFU. Using a private window I logged into my reservation and was amazed that it was there and hadn't disappeared. I tried clicking Manage My Reservation and received an error message. I tried Online Check In and it said it's not available. 60 days out I knew that was incorrect, (it was available yesterday and last week). I called Captains Club, they also tried to no avail. They escalated the issue and opened a ticket. (I'm pretty sure that the Edge is being built with all the tickets they've opened from me alone in the last year and a half). Well, at least they're consistent.:confused::eek::rolleyes:

I've been having similar problems.

The advice from Celebrity for me was not to try and log in but to select Manage Booking from the home page, then Online Check-in and enter the cruise details manually. If your surname has two or more words, like mine, just enter the first word. This should take you to the check-in page. Paradoxically, to get to "Manage Reservation", select Exit Reservation".

How long before even this loophole is plugged and the IT team can relax and stop being bothered by all these customers being able to access the website?

I just went to the web site @ 6:30 AM Eastern USA time zone (Monday) . The "We're Moving" "Come back later" screen was back up.

Same here..... I had the main page up an hour or so ago, couldn't get it to go anywhere and then just now the "We're Moving" screen is back, refreshing does nothing...….

I tried all the work arounds before calling. Clear cookies and cache, incognito window, 3 different browsers, logging in, not logging in and going through the main menu and entering manually. So did the Captans Club rep. No dice.

It really doesn't matter why I chose to access the site. The site's a mess AGAIN! You'd hope that after the fiasco launch of the new website last year they would have learned something about the need for preparation and testing. Don't blame the rats in the maze because the maze was built without a navigable path through it! Don't tell a passenger they shouldn't try to access the site late night or on a weekend....that's the time frame the is needed by many. Shouldn't it be Celebrity's responsibility to learn something and not passenger's who have to jump through hoops and alter when and how they plan their vacations? Call me crazy if I expect to plan my vacation at my convenience after giving the cruise company thousands!

Glad it's not just me...

I've been watching prices on a shorter cruise just prior our next sailing. Because prices have been up and down almost daily, it's been important to keep a close eye on it to see if it gets below our agreed upon 'threshold' to book. Yesterday we were just about to pull the trigger but couldn't log into the site to hold rooms & being Sunday it's the only day our TA is off.

Today prices are up darn it but, oh well - prob just not meant to be.

Like others I've honestly not had many issues w/ the X site but recently it's been kind of a pita...

I tried all the work arounds before calling. Clear cookies and cache, incognito window, 3 different browsers, logging in, not logging in and going through the main menu and entering manually. So did the Captans Club rep. No dice.

It really doesn't matter why I chose to access the site. The site's a mess AGAIN! You'd hope that after the fiasco launch of the new website last year they would have learned something about the need for preparation and testing. Don't blame the rats in the maze because the maze was built without a navigable path through it! Don't tell a passenger they shouldn't try to access the site late night or on a weekend....that's the time frame the is needed by many. Shouldn't it be Celebrity's responsibility to learn something and not passenger's who have to jump through hoops and alter when and how they plan their vacations? Call me crazy if I expect to plan my vacation at my convenience after giving the cruise company thousands!

Well Celebrity's website has been a hot mess since I started using it about ten years ago. Don't let it ruin your day.

Should they fix it? Of course but they don't seem to want to make the effort. Fortunately the on board experience doesn't reflect the web site inefficiency .

Glad it's not just me...

I've been watching prices on a shorter cruise just prior our next sailing. Because prices have been up and down almost daily, it's been important to keep a close eye on it to see if it gets below our agreed upon 'threshold' to book. Yesterday we were just about to pull the trigger but couldn't log into the site to hold rooms & being Sunday it's the only day our TA is off.

Today prices are up darn it but, oh well - prob just not meant to be.

Like others I've honestly not had many issues w/ the X site but recently it's been kind of a pita...

Just a suggestion but next time call celebrity to create the reservation and hold your cabin tell the Celebrity operator that you agree to release the cabins to your TA. If it is before final payment you should even be able to transfer the booking to your TA of choice.

Edited by maxsales
add information

Just a suggestion but next time call celebrity to create the reservation and hold your cabin tell the Celebrity operator that you agree to release the cabins to your TA. If it is before final payment you should even be able to transfer the booking to your TA of choice.

GREAT suggestion - sometimes I get so wrapped up in the challenge I don't always see all available options.

Thanks for the reminder. If the price comes down again I won't hesitate to remember your advice! :)

Try this link. May work, may not but I was able to log in.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-reservation/find-your-reservation

If the link doesn't work: When I go to the site I get a bullet list of links that run down the page to the left, not sure anyone else is getting a similar page view but thats what I'm seeing. Most of the links don't work for me but the one that I found to get me to a more functional page is 'cruise planner'. You need to scroll down to the orange 'ALREADY BOOKED' section & it's the second link.

From there I get a pretty normal page that allows me to log in, click on the 'book a cruise' link (top left) and do a few other things. Even from this page though not all links work properly.

I can log into my cruise planner but the page is also not properly populated and most links aren't working properly.

(For reference sake I'm using Google Chrome but I also tried safari w/ no better results.)

Hope this helps!

I just logged in with no issues. Was able to navigate thru manage reservations and cruise planners for our 3 future reservations. Weird thing is on one of the cruises our OBC went from $450.00 to $600.00. The OBCs were correct on Saturday before the sever move. :confused:

I just logged in with no issues. Was able to navigate thru manage reservations and cruise planners for our 3 future reservations. Weird thing is on one of the cruises our OBC went from $450.00 to $600.00. The OBCs were correct on Saturday before the sever move. :confused:
Be sure to send a thank you note[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Where did you find your OBC ?

Overnight my captains club points are totally screwed.

2 points for 18 night repositioning cruise???

Hope the celebrity lurkers are reading posts today.

The same here my 14 Nights Holy Land cruise is now showing 2 points.