Hotel in Ft Lauderdale on or near water taxi

Lidolounger

We are arriving 2 nights prior to our cruise. We plan on spending the day hopping on and off the water taxi.

Looking for hotel recommendations on or walking distance to the water taxi stops. As it's two nights would like to keep nightly fee around $250 or less a night. We generally stay at the Bahia Mar, but pricing is currently $300 a night.

We are arriving 2 nights prior to our cruise. We plan on spending the day hopping on and off the water taxi.

Looking for hotel recommendations on or walking distance to the water taxi stops. As it's two nights would like to keep nightly fee around $250 or less a night. We generally stay at the Bahia Mar, but pricing is currently $300 a night.

Any of the hotels on 17 th Street are within walking distance of the water taxi stop under the 17th Street Causeway.

The Hilton Marina is close to the Water Taxi stop, not sure what their nightly cost is, but its a good choice as well.

I like using valuetrips to book the Hyatt Convention on 17th Street, its a great option with alot of stores and restaurants within walking distance.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

Please know most of the 17th St hotels are between 0.5 and 1 mile away from the water taxi stop. You can take the trolley though.

The Hilton Marina, however, is next to a stop.

You can also look at Beach hotels such as Best Western Oceanside, B Ocean, Bahia Mar, etc

Then you have Las Olas (Riverside and Fairfield Inn)

You can read this page - All you need to know about Fort Lauderdale Water Taxis!

We liked the Best Western Oceanside Inn, which is in walking distance to the Bahia Mar stop and has the added bonus of a pretty decent included breakfast. I believe the trolley goes past it too, although we didn't feel the need to use it .

• 2 weeks later...

Same plan here with water taxi. We booked Hilton Marina. Original reservaion for standard double was $276. Went back to website last week. Prices had dropped dramatically. Upgraded to tower intercoastal view for less money. $203 including taxes! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 2:55 PM, Lidolounger said:

Thank you for your help! We are going the end of Jan, booked the Best Western Oceanside.

If you remember can you report back about the hotel and area please?  We have a reservation there for mid February-never tried that hotel before.  Thanks!  

8 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

If you remember can you report back about the hotel and area please?  We have a reservation there for mid February-never tried that hotel before.  Thanks!  

Will do. Called a couple of weeks ago and told the reservation agent I was a little concerned about some of the reviews here on TA. I've been on TA since the beginning and I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Plus, I live in a beach resort town and understand the toll heat and humidity can do to a room. Anyway, they have been incredibly accommodating. Texting me to wish me safe travels and just being great. Ill let u know how it works out. 😀

5 minutes ago, Shore>Mom said:

Will do. Called a couple of weeks ago and told the reservation agent I was a little concerned about some of the reviews here on TA. I've been on TA since the beginning and I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Plus, I live in a beach resort town and understand the toll heat and humidity can do to a room. Anyway, they have been incredibly accommodating. Texting me to wish me safe travels and just being great. Ill let u know how it works out. 😀

Thanks!   I’ve actually read pretty good reviews so not overly concerned.  I know it’s in walking distance to beach & restaurants which is good.  It’s in between two cruises we are doing so staying 3 nights.  Hubby and I have stayed at GalleryOne before and liked it but wanted to try different location.  Pre-cruise we are booked at Riverside.

That is neat they’ve sent you text and been accommodating-very good impression.  We are happy as long as it’s clean, fairly quiet and safe!

We cruised Independence of the Seas for Christmas 2016 and we stayed at The Embassy Suites 17th Street for one night pre-cruise.  We enjoyed our stay and it is in walking distance to a water taxi stop.  We are cruising this Christmas and booked the Embassy Suites again.  We loved it so much, we are staying 2 nights pre-cruise instead of one.  We want to spend more time on the Water Taxi exploring more of Fort Lauderdale. 

12 hours ago, Lightngsvt said:

Has the Riverside been renovated recently?  I've never stayed, but looking at some of the pics on Google, the rooms appear clean but quite dated.

There are 2 buildings for the Riverside Hotel - One being the original building built many years ago and though quite dated I am told the rooms are comfortable. The other building is much newer and the rooms are bigger, brighter & offer a higher standard of comfort. 

On 11/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

On 11/8/2018 at 9:45 PM, danicolie said:

On 11/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, Lightngsvt said:

Has the Riverside been renovated recently?  I've never stayed, but looking at some of the pics on Google, the rooms appear clean but quite dated.

The Riverside stays under constant renovation (they take a few rooms out of inventory at a time) so when you check in, just ask for an updated room.

The Fairfield Inn by Marriott on Federal is a block and a half from Las Olas Boulevard and the water taxi stop at the Riverside Hotel.  It is also a brand new hotel.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:19 PM, titansrobin said:

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance Cruise Port? Have reservations there in January.

Looks nice and I had Marriott points to cover the room for two nights pre cruise. 

Stayed there in March and have reservations for December.  It is a nice property, very clean, great staff, and within walking distance of all kinds of shops and restaurants.  You can’t go wrong.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, LBumb said:

I love Hilton marina

We're considering staying at the Hilton Marina for the first time in February for 1 night pre-cruise.  I've read some mixed reviews.  Have you stayed recently?  Is there a preference we should make for the location of our room?  I've read some rooms are dated.  Thanks! 

I’m writing this from the Hilton Marina, we leave for our cruise this morning. We were here 2 nights and I will say that I’d stay here again. It’s very close to the cruise port and airport, the water taxi stops here, and it’s a short walk to places to eat. The pool is very nice, staff has been friendly and food here has been good. 

Were in in a poolside room and it appears to have been updated in the past few years. Honestly if you look you will find some signs of age here. BUT, overall the room and property is clean and well maintained and for the prices here I recommend staying here. We will again in March before our Edge sailing. 

Side note, the Edge arrived here yesterday, very cool to be able to see it on its first trip to the US. 

D092AFE6-399C-41B6-847F-D55E57142C49.jpeg

004B7BB7-5795-440B-BE2D-465C09A8D15F.jpeg

Edited by Lightngsvt
Add pics
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...