6416 2 Bed GS on Independence of the seas

We are onboard INDY in a 2 bed GS, this was formally the royal suite and this year was split into 2 x 2 bed grand suites, I couldn't find any pics or videos before sailing so thought I would post these for anyone else. its pretty amazing and the balcony is huge IMG_0092_zpspozfadhf.jpgIMG_0094_zps0ono6eml.jpgIMG_0093_zpscltqijrf.jpgIMG_0096_zpsc0vnrxvj.jpgIMG_0099_zpsshqjiim8.jpg

we are on for 2 cruises B2B 14 nights this one, the next one is 5 nights and we are in the cabin next door which is also a 2 bedroom GS, walking past when the door is open though its seems like a different layout so will post some pictures of that cabin when we move in.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Peewee14 this is very helpful as I was looking at a cruise on the Independence for 2020.

I would rather go Star Class, but the family are fed up going to the Med.

Did the hot tub still seem to be working in the other room? That would be a nice bonus.

Also it seems that 6416 has the second shower room off the hall. The other 2 bedroom grand suites seem to have it off the second bedroom which is not great if someone has the sofa bed. Did you get any idea if the other room was the same or had the second shower room en suite?

Thanks for you help

Edited by alistairg

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, dennisjock said:

Not the flowrider.  That is on Deck 13.

Can you post a photo?

Only other thing I can think of is it's a view of the ocean off the aft end of the ship.

11 hours ago, dennisjock said:

We are cruising in this suite next week.  Can anyone tell me if there is a pool off the back deck?

It looks like there is but I don't see one on the Royal Caribbean map?

On 10/8/2018 at 8:24 AM, Peewee14 said:

IMG_0098_zpsto8hdniw.jpg

Its not the ocean or the flowrider.

This is a flat piece of decking that there is no access to.  It is painted blue and because it had just rained it does look like a pool.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 8:38 AM, Peewee14 said:

we are on for 2 cruises B2B 14 nights this one, the next one is 5 nights and we are in the cabin next door which is also a 2 bedroom GS, walking past when the door is open though its seems like a different layout so will post some pictures of that cabin when we move in.

Hi cruiser.  can you tell me if you got a e mail from suite  concierge  before you sailed. If so how long before and was Junior the Concierge when you sailed. In suite 1-25-19 on Indy.   Bob

It looks like 6416 got the wet bar and 6716 got the hot tub when they converted the old Presidential Suite into the two 2 bed GS. Can anybody confirm if the hot tub in 6716 actually works?

There is very little information available from anyone who has stayed in it and a phone call to Royal didn’t make it any clearer.

Many thanks. 

Edited by Tin can

On 10/8/2018 at 8:38 AM, Peewee14 said:

Can you tell me which room has the hot tub?  I just booked 6416 tonight.  Does the hot tub still work?  Any other info you can tell me about this room?  Like if I book the other room to can the balcony divider be opened up?

8 minutes ago, dispatcher726 said:

Can you tell me which room has the hot tub?  I just booked 6416 tonight.  Does the hot tub still work?  Any other info you can tell me about this room?  Like if I book the other room to can the balcony divider be opened up?

Hot tub is with 6716.  You have the cabin with the bar asvposted in the photo above.