Shareholder benefits for UK

Kittyonions

Can someone please explain how the OBC shows, once it has been applied by P & O.

purchased my shares from Hargreaves Lonsdale and apparently I have to give them the cruise details, and they then forward the proof of share ownership on my behalf. Has anyone had experience of this system, and can confirm that it works. I have no idea how long that it takes for this to happen, but have looked on the cruise personalizer and can’t see any mention of OBC. Many thanks.

52 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

Can someone please explain how the OBC shows, once it has been applied by P & O.

purchased my shares from Hargreaves Lonsdale and apparently I have to give them the cruise details, and they then forward the proof of share ownership on my behalf. Has anyone had experience of this system, and can confirm that it works. I have no idea how long that it takes for this to happen, but have looked on the cruise personalizer and can’t see any mention of OBC. Many thanks.

If HL hold the shares,  then go into your HL account and select fund and share account.

(there are many ways of getting the info but my way is ) 

move down to pdf version and from there you can either print out or download the file. remember to cross out your account number before attaching it to the email you send to P&O

https://www.hl.co.uk/

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/more-info-share-holder

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

P&O will then email you back the following

"Thank you for your Shareholder Benefit Request. 

Please accept this email as confirmation that we have received your message and will respond as soon as possible. 

Please note for standard enquiries we aim to action within 7 days from receipt of your correspondence.  Once your Shareholder Benefit has been applied, we will send a revised Booking Confirmation that will show the added On Board Credit. (If you have booked directly with us you will receive this via your personal email address or by post. Alternatively, if you have booked via a Travel Agent, you will need to refer to them for the revised Booking Confirmation).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please take the revised Booking Confirmation as our response to you. Unless you are requesting any additional information, we will not send a separate email from the this address.  

If your query is of an urgent nature, or if you depart within the next 48 hours, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0345 355 5111, where one of our Personal Cruise Coordinators will be happy to help. "

Its really easy, always done it my self rather than get HL to do it.

Edited by Pennbank

1 hour ago, Kittyonions said:

I do it this way either by phoning them or by contacting them via their website. They then send to P&O and then P&O write confirming the addition to my OBC.

One thing though with HL is that they will not do this until you are less than 90 days before your cruise.

56 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

I hold my shares in Share Centres nominee account and I e mail them with my account ref and the booking ref and cruise number and request them to e mail the shareholder benefit team at Carnival to confirm my shareholding. They normally copy me with their e mail the same day, and within a week I receive an amended booking summary showing the OBC from my TA. If you book direct it will come straight to you from P&O.

Easy peasy.

I hold my shares in a nominee account with Hargeaves Lansdown. I find the simplest way is to go to my HL account and download my statement as PDF file. I then go to a PDF editor (Google PDF editor - there are lots of free ones) and blank out any personal items. I then attach the file to an email to the P&O shareholder team. Usually get a response within a day or two. The credit does not appear on your cruise personaliser but P&O send out a revised invoice which will show the credit. If you booked with a travel agent this will come via your agent.

Brian

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BrianI said:

I hold my shares in a nominee account with Hargeaves Lansdown. I find the simplest way is to go to my HL account and download my statement as PDF file. I then go to a PDF editor (Google PDF editor - there are lots of free ones) and blank out any personal items. I then attach the file to an email to the P&O shareholder team. Usually get a response within a day or two. The credit does not appear on your cruise personaliser but P&O send out a revised invoice which will show the credit. If you booked with a travel agent this will come via your agent.

Brian

thanks for this Brian.

I have a shares ISA with HL and was wondering how to obtain the necessary information detailing my Carnival shares to forward to P&O.

cheers

Graham

19 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Yes we always do this. 

36 minutes ago, Teresa Price said:

I have the American shares. Doing well at the moment and were much cheaper than the British ones.  Bought through 

a broker. 

Teresa

I don't see how the American shares can be much cheaper as normally the difference is minimal. The current prices are London £43.32, New York $57.23, which gives an exchange rate of $1.32, which is about what it is.

You will probably have currency exchange costs and the dividend on American shares will be in dollars. The dividend on UK shares is declared in dollars but Carnival do a bulk exchange to pay UK holders in sterling, far cheaper than an individual investor can do. See news release for the last dividend.

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=200767&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2366050

I would recommend any UK investor to purchase the UK shares (Carnival PLC) as it is less hassle.

Brian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2018 at 4:57 PM, BrianI said:

Brian

Thanks Brian - this looks very simple and effective.  Sorry to be raising this again a few weeks later, but having now purchased some shares I'd like to get this right.

This method still works OK?  And can I do this three or four months before the departure date?  Do P&O require this to be redone for every subsequent cruise?

Thanks for the help.

40 minutes ago, docco said:

Thanks Brian - this looks very simple and effective.  Sorry to be raising this again a few weeks later, but having now purchased some shares I'd like to get this right.

This method still works OK?  And can I do this three or four months before the departure date?  Do P&O require this to be redone for every subsequent cruise?

Thanks for the help.

Yes it still works. You can apply once you have made your full payment - 3 months before departure and no later than three weeks before departure.  

You need to apply separately for each cruise to confirm that you still own the shares.

Details here

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/more-info-share-holder?_ga=2.51903855.77381784.1544717811-216469061.1521803761

Brian

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Yes it still works. You can apply once you have made your full payment - 3 months before departure and no later than three weeks before departure.  

You need to apply separately for each cruise to confirm that you still own the shares.

Details here

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/more-info-share-holder?_ga=2.51903855.77381784.1544717811-216469061.1521803761

Brian

Thanks - much appreciated.  🙂

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I haven't been a contributor to this thread, but I have used your advice to purchase shares. And I have just had confirmation of my first £150 additional OBC for my cruise in January.

Thanks again

Brian

We have our shares with Equiniti and do not have to do anything as they are regocnised by P&O. Just speak to Bolsover who apply the OBC. We get the dividend paid into our bank every quarter and a confirmation email works well for us.

just returned off Ventura a 13 night cruise and got the maximum £150 when we thought we would only get £60 so pleasing surprise 

58 minutes ago, Lesanne said:

just returned off Ventura a 13 night cruise and got the maximum £150 when we thought we would only get £60 so pleasing surprise 

The P&O website quotes £150 for 13 nights plus. The Carnival website quotes £150 for 14 days plus. It's a little bit confusing but 13 nights is 14 days so both are correct.

Brian

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, claudiniusmaximus said:

Do you get OBC with Princess too? Or do you have to choose whether to buy American or British shares depending on which line you think you’ll sail with more? 

You are buying Carnival shares. The shares cover all Carnival brands.