Guarantee Suite, How close assignment to sailing

bspill

A related question - what have people’s experience been on Seabourn with receiving class upgrades when being allocated cabins under guarantee bookings?

I do appreciate this will vary depending on each cruises loading but just interested in the general sentiment about the possibilities of guarantee upgrades

I absolutely understand a guarantee booking is certain no guarantee of an upgrade

A related question - what have people’s experience been on Seabourn with receiving class upgrades when being allocated cabins under guarantee bookings?

I do appreciate this will vary depending on each cruises loading but just interested in the general sentiment about the possibilities of guarantee upgrades

I absolutely understand a guarantee booking is certain no guarantee of an upgrade

I've always been allocated a 'better' suite than the level of guarantee paid for, but within veranda suite category. (If I want to travel in Penthouse and above I book the category I want.) So, for example if I booked a V1 and upwards Guarantee I've never been allocated 'less' than a V5. It's more often been a V6.

Above applies to Odyssey class ships only, haven't yet sailed on the new ones.

Thanks - appreciate the answer. We’re on Encore in early Dec so we will keep our fingers crossed

We’re very relaxed about positioning so cabin location isn’t a big thing for us, forward or aft is ok - as long as we’re on the ship we’ll be happy [emoji2]

Thanks - appreciate the answer. We’re on Encore in early Dec so we will keep our fingers crossed

We’re very relaxed about positioning so cabin location isn’t a big thing for us, forward or aft is ok - as long as we’re on the ship we’ll be happy [emoji2]

That's the best attitude to have!

For our recent cruise on Quest, we had a cabin assigned well before sailing. A couple of weeks before sailing we received an upgrade offer. Same size cabin but on a higher deck. We passed on the offer since it didn't seem worth the money. When we checked in to board, we discovered that we had been moved to the higher deck for free. We were traveling with friends, who had received and declined the same upgrade offer, and they too were upgraded to the higher deck and ended up right across the hall from us. It took a couple of hours before all our luggage made it to the right cabin since our luggage tags listed the old suite number, but this was not a big deal. And our new cabin was on the same deck as Seabourn Square. which was super-convenient.

So in our case, the actual suite assignment was not known to us until we showed up at the dock.

• Like 1

Gurantee bookings don't always deliver a great outcome. After a few V1 to V5 free upgrades, we booked a guarantee on a 28 night Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago and got allocated that V2 small balcony cabin next to the Wintergarden Suite. The balcony is so small only one person can use it at a time. We were so disappointed as we use our balcony a lot. In the end we made the best of it (we were on a Seabourn cruise after all), and used the public decks more than we would usually do. It turned out fine, even though I would never select that specific cabin myself.

I've been lucky enough to be upgraded to a Penthouse Suite and unlucky enough to have an accessible suite (with no tub and no walk-in closet).

I'd much prefer the former but if the fare is right, I can keep a stiff upper lip through the latter.

I think there is only a few, maybe 6 cabins aft on deck 10 or deck 11 across the stern so all the rest of the cabins are mid ship forward to the bow

Our experience from just this past week: We had booked a guarantee V1 on the Quest, and this past week, precisely 1 month prior to the sail date, we were assigned a stateroom, an upgrade to V5. It seems as though, based upon postings on our CC Roll Call, that other PAX have been offered similar upgrades. We are happy with our very nice upgrade. Something we did not count on at all.

Was hoping there may be an upsell offer - so I just have to hope the cruise fairy has a surprise instead:) Looks like the owners suites and Wintergarten are not booked. I think the first leg maybe didn't get booked and many are boarding in Miami for the Antarctica leg. One can wish, right?  Glad the forums are back.  Is a group still meeting at the Sky Bar area on sailaway?

• 2 weeks later...

On board Seabourn now dealing with worst internet ever

paid over 800$ per person per day for guaranteed suite and floor next door are the folks who book interline rate even though they are not travel or extravel people they pay 400$ per person per day yet others pay less

best advice book late be flexible look for non popular cruises with many sea days and you will get the deal of a lifetime once you are on Seabourn everyone treated the same no special things cause you paid big bucks and know one knows 

I never discuss prices of cruises or flights with others as you will always find someone who paid less. It's equivalent to Murphy's Law.

I know I am lucky but I choose my cruises based on itinerary. I hope you enjoy your cruise without this price issue niggling at you.

Julie

I agree with what frantic36 says.   I would never even consider discussing price with another passenger as I might be disappointed that they got a better price.  At the same time, I would not book a cruise unless I was willing to pay the stated price for the itinerary that I booked.  I do hope that you have a wonderful time Eyequac and put the price aside and out of your thoughts.