New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

6 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Yeah. 

It happened to me, too.

A few months ago, I posted a gif from a really cheesey 70's movie "Karateci Kız" (Karate Girl). I compared watching it to reading a DSC thread.

...someone was offended, I guess...:classic_unsure:

I didn't even know that I had done something to earn a "naughty" point...whatever that means. 

I just went back to review my posts and I can't see anything that would offend anyone. We must have some really uptight people here! 😉

• Haha 1

I guess one saving grace is that this is so bad now...  I won't be wasting time just browsing through threads and reading what all people have to say...

It'll be unbearable to spend more than a few minutes here now.

Also, has anyone else noticed that when you click on a thread, it doesn't necessarily go to Page 1 or the last page?  Some of the threads when I click on them are just randomly going to some page in  between.

Another thing, I'm so used to hitting "return" twice to leave a double space but now by default, return already leaves a double space and hitting it twice leaves even more space.  I want to throw that out there as a "new" feature that is unnecessary.  This needs fixed as well.

16 minutes ago, fshagan said:

Hover over the "Posted: <time or date>" at the upper left of the message and you'll see it links to the specific numbered post. 

When I hover over that line, I just see the date and time it was posted - no post number.  If I click on it, it just takes me back to the same post.  Also, on the kindle, I can't hover - either tap or not.  I assume same on the phone.

There also seems to be no way to unsubscribe from a specific thread that you posted in. Usually in the e mail notification, at the bottom it would say "unsubscribe from this thread" and it's not there anymore. Is there no way to subscribe from some threads and not others anymore? All or nothing? 

6 minutes ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

I just went back to review my posts and I can't see anything that would offend anyone. We must have some really uptight people here! 😉

My gif was deleted so I couldn't even see it. I couldn't I see the entire post nor could I see any post that seemed to complain about it. The only thing that I could find was someone posting that the gif was funny. 

How are you able to see your old posts? 

I seem to be very limited in my options other than notifications (all turned off). 

How do I turn off "Newest Photos"?

Edited by Two Wheels Only

16 minutes ago, Katie H said:

When I hover over that line, I just see the date and time it was posted - no post number.  If I click on it, it just takes me back to the same post.  Also, on the kindle, I can't hover - either tap or not.  I assume same on the phone.

Look at the bottom left of the browser window and you'll see the link. You can right click and copy it. It works just looked links to Facebook posts.

2 minutes ago, fshagan said:

Look at the bottom left of the browser window and you'll see the link. You can right click and copy it. It works just looked links to Facebook posts.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't know what link I am looking for in the bottom left of the browser window.  I'm trying to find post numbers on each individual post.

Just now, Katie H said:

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't know what link I am looking for in the bottom left of the browser window.  I'm trying to find post numbers on each individual post.

Guntersville??  Did you grow up there?

2 minutes ago, NurseJEB said:

No it makes more sense to purge all existing signature that are not in compliance with the new requirements.  That is fair.  If someone wants to skit the system by having old data in a signature that is not within the rules then they shoudl lose the entire thing.

The problem with that is that no one knew any new requirements until today about how signatures would work.  It's not fair to everyone to just purge them blindly without giving some warning and a chance to make changes.  It would be different if they said a week ago that signatures are changing and here are the new rules...  BTW, you have until such and such date to adjust/change your signature or risk having it deleted entirely if it does not comply.

Just now, rtkenmore said:

Guntersville??  Did you grow up there?

No, we've been here just under 5 years.  Our daughter and grandsons live in Huntsville, so decided to get closer.  We're  from PA, but lived for about 40 years in Virginia.  We do like it here.

2 minutes ago, Katie H said:

No, we've been here just under 5 years.  Our daughter and grandsons live in Huntsville, so decided to get closer.  We're  from PA, but lived for about 40 years in Virginia.  We do like it here.

I grew up there and my mom still lives in Guntersville.  Love the area!

6 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I grew up there and my mom still lives in Guntersville.  Love the area!

We're up on Georgia Mountain with a great view of the lake from our back deck.  We sit and sip wine every night while lake gazing.  We really enjoy the small town feel.

If you do not attempt to change your signature, it will remain the same, even the HUGE ones, unfortunately.  Once you attempt to change it, you MUST adhere to the new rules. 

There is an option on everyone's current signature below any post that says "hide ALL signatures".  You can also hide just individual users' signatures as well, if you don't want to hide them all.  But, if you don't want to see them, you can turn them off. 

It's finally back up & running for about 2+ hours, then, they took it down again - probably for some real-time tune-ups & fixes ... that explain the http #502 error on connecting.  I got back in.

First, kudo to CC and the mods for doing this, whether we wanted this or not, it is here & now - either stay onboard the moving ship (train) or else, abandon & jump off.  

As for as signature, it should not be difficult for them to add/restore the option to disable/temporary turn-off one's full signature, like the old ways - give them time to review & patch/fix it up.  I had a formatted *.gif for my profile picture & it got lost, no big deal but it did take a few minutes to search the Cloud storage to bring that up again & upload again.  As far as trimming or deleting all user's signature/profile info, CC could've given everyone ample notice - prior to last week's offline, to download & backup one's personal files for storage, making it easier to restore & recover - took 5 minutes & it's good again. 

Similar to our Nexus/Pixel & even Fire HD devices, I wish they can add/amend the background a dark mode or blue one, eaiser on the eyes - easier to read & less distracting sitting next to others by reducing the distractions from the screen, it can seriously distract ...  Overall, the website now appeared optimize & trimmed for mobile/smartphone browsing - size of fonts are good for those with perfect optical vision, rest of us "aging" might find it a little challenging, even on a 5.7" or 6"+ device, turning 90 degree to landscape mode doesn't help much, lots of scrolling back & forth.  Old fashion cut-n-paste is, from what I can see, a problem - although I can probably do it on the Fire HD 8 tablet - with a mouse (worst without a mouse.) 

Tapatalk, it seemed, no longer works or integrate with CC, unless the upgrade/interface is still work-in-progress.  I already uninstalled the old CC Forum app - no comments needed/warranted, as they said it is being discontinued.  Can't tell until our upcoming cruise, how good this is in being a data miser while staying logged in via a browser, with satellite connection at sea.  

1 hour ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Can someone please tell me what this reminder thing is? :classic_blush: Did I get in trouble and not even know it? 

reminders.PNG

i see that too. i have two '0 point' warnings.

but i have no idea what posts it refers to. i cant find anything to click. how did you find out what post it was?

and who is this Guest that gave you a warning. how can even Guest give you warnings??

Edited by fstuff1

I can't believe all the old photos are gone. That is like a HUGE sucky thing. I'm looking at the Everything Encore thread, and there is nothing there to see anymore. It's awful.

And where is the link to View First Unread post?  Now I have to navigate to the last page and figure out what is new. Those issues combined with others mentioned in this thread make this so much less friendly than the previous one.  I will probably spend about 10% of the amount of time here I did previously. Advertisers aren't going to like that very much if others are doing the same. It's just not going to be worth the hassle.

ya gotta be kidding!!!

its horrendous... cant find a damn thing here.. none of my threads work

my signature contained a link to a spreadsheet for my rollcall( which isnt there either)

why can’t they leave it alone. arrgghh

Edited by jannandjohn

4 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

I can't believe all the old photos are gone. That is like a HUGE sucky thing. I'm looking at the Everything Encore thread, and there is nothing there to see anymore. It's awful.

And where is the link to View First Unread post?  Now I have to navigate to the last page and figure out what is new. Those issues combined with others mentioned in this thread make this so much less friendly than the previous one.  I will probably spend about 10% of the amount of time here I did previously. Advertisers aren't going to like that very much if others are doing the same. It's just not going to be worth the hassle.

If you look on the thread page there is a blue dot next to the subject line.  Once you click on that subject the blue dot turns in to a gray star.  When there is a new post in that thread the star turns blue.  That is the View First Unread Post button.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColinIllinois said:

If you look on the thread page there is a blue dot next to the subject line.  Once you click on that subject the blue dot turns in to a gray star.  When there is a new post in that thread the star turns blue.  That is the View First Unread Post button.

Outstanding. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Supposedly older photos will be back soon.

"Supposedly"