Help with Deluxe Beverage Package

It has been a good decade since I have sailed Royal, and I have no idea what is normal and what isn't.  We are sailing on the Allure at the end of May. Currently, the deluxe beverage package is $56 per day, plus gratuity. The total for two people is $925.12. Should I buy this now, or wait for the price to come down? Will it even come down with the current prices being increased?  Thanks! 

1 minute ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

It has been a good decade since I have sailed Royal, and I have no idea what is normal and what isn't.  We are sailing on the Allure at the end of May. Currently, the deluxe beverage package is $56 per day, plus gratuity. The total for two people is $925.12. Should I buy this now, or wait for the price to come down? Will it even come down with the current prices being increased?  Thanks! 

You can buy it now, keep an eye on the pricing, and then cancel your purchase and re-buy it at a lower price should you see one.

I've noticed that the Oasis and Quantum class generally seem to have higher pricing than some other ships too.  I did read yesterday that the price of the packages are going up in 2019 too.

Dan.

1 minute ago, dwayneb236 said:

I'm on the Allure in Feb and the lowest I've seen it go for my cruise is $52 a day plus 18%.

I just got off Allure and I paid $42.

I think you should check pricing around Black Friday/Cyber Monday for your Feb cruise.  Maybe they'll have some aggressive offers.

10 minutes ago, goneclear said:

I recently read that for 2019 sailings the Deluxe package will be going up between to $62 to $70 per day per person depending on ship.

Does that include 18% gratuity?

$54+18% = $63.72.

$62+18%=$73.16

I had the Deluxe package on my last cruise, I think I broke even, but barely.  I don't see being able to break even at $60+/day. 

33 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I've been getting email notices for my cruises that are 6 months to 2 weeks out, offering drink packages at reduced prices.  I got one this morning for a cruise leaving in 11 days that was a BOGO50-off.  As a previous poster said, you can buy now and then cancel and re-purchase later if the price goes down.  Keep an eye on the cruise planner online for your cruise.

Edited by pcur

Just now, CruisingSince1982 said:

Will the aggressive pricing show up if I already purchased the package? 

Yes.  I actually just did this for a Feb 2019 sailing I have.  Purchased it awhile ago and just repriced over the weekend.

Dan.

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

I've been getting email notices for my cruises that are 6 months to 2 weeks out, offering drink packages at reduced prices.  I got one this morning for a cruise leaving in 11 days that was a BOGO50-off.  As a previous poster said, you can buy now and then cancel and re-purchase later if the price goes down.  Keep an eye on the cruise planner online for your cruise.

But the new  pricing doesn't show up once you buy it ... unless I am missing it. 

4 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I just got off Allure and I paid $42.

I think you should check pricing around Black Friday/Cyber Monday for your Feb cruise.  Maybe they'll have some aggressive offers.

Yeah, i was wondering about that. I'm not getting the package myself but a friend going with us has bought it. We're just doing the refreshment package. We did the deluxe on our last cruise and while I loved not worrying about every little drink I ordered, we just felt we were pushing it to get to our break even. Man it was nice though.. 

Just now, CruisingSince1982 said:

But the new  pricing doesn't show up once you buy it ... unless I am missing it. 

You will still log in to the Cruise Planner to check pricing.  Nothing will come automatically about it.  If you see a lower price, you just cancel your original purchase and re-buy at the new price.  I've done it numerous times over the years.

Dan.

When they announced the higher prices for 2019 sailings all the prices mentioned were on-board prices. I haven't been paying that much attention to the 2019 prices mentioned on here as I don't currently have a cruise booked then, but I don't think I've seen people mentioning prices as low as $42/45 for those cruises. 

Just now, Dan-P said:

You will still log in to the Cruise Planner to check pricing.  Nothing will come automatically about it.  If you see a lower price, you just cancel your original purchase and re-buy at the new price.  I've done it numerous times over the years.

Dan.

thank you - I appreciate it! 

1 minute ago, dwayneb236 said:

Yeah, i was wondering about that. I'm not getting the package myself but a friend going with us has bought it. We're just doing the refreshment package. We did the deluxe on our last cruise and while I loved not worrying about every little drink I ordered, we just felt we were pushing it to get to our break even. Man it was nice though.. 

You could just order a few long islands and come out way below the beverage package.  I drink a ton on cruises and even for me, if they push this up in the $60 - $70/range I'm not sure I'd get it anymore.

3 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I just priced the deluxe drink package for my cruise in 11 days, and the total for an 8 night cruise, two people, was $793.  So, the lower price is already reflected in what they are charging.  Includes gratuity, too.

4 minutes ago, BNBR said:

You could just order a few long islands and come out way below the beverage package.  I drink a ton on cruises and even for me, if they push this up in the $60 - $70/range I'm not sure I'd get it anymore.

I'm having a problem justifying $925 for two, but, I will still buy it :classic_rolleyes: