Going Blind?

Alaska59

2 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I know what you mean -- it is too small typing for me to see.

You're the first person I thought of when I started seeing the new format.  I hope they will enhance the default setting so that it is easier to read.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

KK has at least one choice in the matter, which she has been given several times over the years: 
increase the size in her own computer controls.

That doesn't help with the contrast issue though. 

• Like 1

The default font is way too fine.  Needs a bolder font.   If I manually bold my font, it is better, but that should be defaulted.   The light blue that CC uses for prompts is even more difficult to read. 

Also  I can't find any indication on a topic that indicates which ones I have contributed a comment.  There used to be a little green arrow next to the topic name that indicated you have made a comment in the past.

Also, within some posts, the HTML font formatting characters are showing up within the message.  Here is an example from one of krazy kruzers posts:

FONT=Comic Sans MS]The Amsterdam is an R class ship. Her Explorations Cafe is on the Upper Promenade Deck -- Deck 5.[/FONT]

Edited by TAD2005

12 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

I am just enlarging each individual post via the tool bar when posting. Pain to do but at least I can read it. Wish there was a default setting. 

How are you enlarging a nd how can  we  make the  print d arker?  

This   light print is terrible 

TIA,  anyone who can help with  those questions.        

sail,

Each time I post, I go into the tool bar above the posting window and change the print to "B" bold and change the font size to 18 or higher.

I'm in my 40's with good eyes and this default font and lack of contrast is painful for me. Glad to read they are looking into it.

40 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

Also  I can't find any indication on a topic that indicates which ones I have contributed a comment.  There used to be a little green arrow next to the topic name that indicated you have made a comment in the past.

I noticed that too.  Makes it hard to follow a thread I'm interested in.  

6 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Recommended on another thread by another poster who figured this out - look for the blue dot or blue star at the far lefthand side of the thread title to see what you have read and when you have commented on those threads. 

2 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

Also, within some posts, the HTML font formatting characters are showing up within the message.  Here is an example from one of krazy kruzers posts:

FONT=Comic Sans MS]The Amsterdam is an R class ship. Her Explorations Cafe is on the Upper Promenade Deck -- Deck 5.[/FONT]

That's not new - the poster left off the opening square bracket, so it didn't parse the command.

Here it is with the bracket added:

The Amsterdam is an R class ship. Her Explorations Cafe is on the Upper Promenade Deck -- Deck 5.

1 hour ago, fatcat04 said:

sail,

Each time I post, I go into the tool bar above the posting window and change the print to "B" bold and change the font size to 18 or higher.

I'm in my 40's with good eyes and this default font and lack of contrast is painful for me. Glad to read they are looking into it.

The tool bar shows only the B for bold -- I don't have a choice of sizwe

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

Recommended on another thread by another poster who figured this out - look for the blue dot or blue star at the far lefthand side of the thread title to see what you have read and when you have commented on those threads. 

Interesting....I see only one blue star and a lot of blue dots.  If the blue star means I posted on that thread, it isn't working for me because I've posted on more than one thread.  Both take me to the "last unread post" if I click on them.  

Edited to add, the other 2 threads I posted on (about signature changes) have disappeared! Older threads I've posted on (before today) have very faint grey stars next to them).  hmmm....

Edited by Cruising-along

3 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

sail,

Thank you ,  fatcat.  Very helpful 

I also  did not get a  choice to change  font size in   that tool bar.

3 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

sail,

I can make it bold....but there is no font size (or colour) on my page. I have B I U, links, quote, 2 bullets and a preview.