Going Blind?

Alaska59

3 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

sail,

Each time I post, I go into the tool bar above the posting window and change the print to "B" bold and change the font size to 18 or higher.

I'm in my 40's with good eyes and this default font and lack of contrast is painful for me. Glad to read they are looking into it.

Eight I

On my tablet, if I have it turned tall ways I get an abbreviated tool bar that does not include font size. Tablet turned wide ways, the tool bar is the same as on my desktop computer.  

Edited by fatcat04

4 hours ago, POA1 said:

Clarifying... I'm talking about the thread topic list. Every other topic has a light gray background. 

I am on Safari on iPad and all backgrounds are white.  No problems reading text.  I know KK likes to use enlarged text for her messages but how does she read everyone else's normal size messages?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

I can make it bold....but there is no font size (or colour) on my page. I have B I U, links, quote, 2 bullets and a preview.

In the reply box, on the top banner, to the right is a rectangle marked "size" with a downward arrow. That is where you increase the size (I am using 16). Immediately to the left of that "size" rectangle is a capital "A", underscored, with a downward arrow on the upper right. That is where you change the color.

49 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

I can make it bold....but there is no font size (or colour) on my page. I have B I U, links, quote, 2 bullets and a preview.

Sorry, duplicate. Having a little trouble with navigation.

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Has anyone gotten tapatalk to pick up the new cruise critic? Not getting anything updating for me. 

The site people would have to install the Tapatalk Plugin in order for Tapatalk to work. It's free and I provided the download URL on the support board. 

21 minutes ago, POA1 said:

The site people would have to install the Tapatalk Plugin in order for Tapatalk to work. It's free and I provided the download URL on the support board. 

Thank you. I hope they use it. I much prefer tapatalk.

37 minutes ago, RuthC said:

And again! Really sorry.

That literally made me 😂

I apologize if anyone sees me visiting their profile.  It seems my fingers are much bigger than that little star so I go wherever it takes me.  I promise I am not stalking you!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, yerdua said:

Bugs and glitches thread has been closed. Ya think they got the message???

Oops, now its open. Don't know what's going on here.

Yeah, that forum crashed on me earlier today. Were I of a superstitious nature I might have taken that as a bad omen. :classic_laugh::classic_biggrin:

I cannot find the 'downward  arrow  referenced above as in  tool bar at top of reply  replay box..........,  to be used  to increase font size.  :classic_blink:

I will be honest in saying  straight out   Ugh    to this upgrade  😞

Where is my signature HAL  logo? 

[ b]sail.noordam@gmail.com[/b] 

Edited by sail7seas

I guess everything takes some getting used to, but the gray and light blue & font size issues?  I have had cataract surgery in both eyes, which means I should be able to read this with no problems.  WRONG!  It's a strain.  There is no reason NOT to go back to black fonts & increase the size to what it used to be.  This is not quite my definition of "user friendly".

19 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Interesting....I see only one blue star and a lot of blue dots.  If the blue star means I posted on that thread, it isn't working for me because I've posted on more than one thread.  Both take me to the "last unread post" if I click on them.  

Edited to add, the other 2 threads I posted on (about signature changes) have disappeared! Older threads I've posted on (before today) have very faint grey stars next to them).  hmmm....

That is what I see also. The blue dot is on threads I haven't read.  If I look at the thread but don't comment the blue dot disappears.  If I comment on the thread I see a very light star outline.  The star turns blue after someone else comes along and comments.

Does anyone else feel like we need an instruction manual for site changes? 😅

Also interesting....if the star is blue and you open the thread to read the comment but don't reply, the thread will go light again.  I guess the blue star is an easy way to see when there's a new comment on a thread you have participated in.

2 hours ago, cruisebie said:

That is what I see also. The blue dot is on threads I haven't read.  If I look at the thread but don't comment the blue dot disappears.  If I comment on the thread I see a very light star outline.  The star turns blue after someone else comes along and comments.

Does anyone else feel like we need an instruction manual for site changes? 😅

An instruction manual would be helpful!  Reminds me of when I got my first iphone.  Absolutely no instructions, I had to learn the hard way by trial and error.  I'm loving all the helpful posts here, thank you everyone!