All the threads letters are very small and light

rcandkc

2 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Yes.  Lots of comments about this already on various forums.

Hopefully they will change the default.

Can you change your font size/type in your preferences somewhere?

Edited by snuggarelli

I’ve used ‘Bold’ but I certainly won’t be able to read if others don’t.

I also have 2 count down clocks for the same cruise.

Edited by upwarduk
To add information re count down clocks.

I can't tell if it is related to the font, but the horizontal line in all of the lowercase "e" letters are very dark, like someone went back and typed a hyphen in exactly the right spot, making that horizontal line thicker and darker.  It is incredibly distracting.  Does anyone else see this?

5 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I’ve used ‘Bold’ but I certainly won’t be able to read if others don’t.

I also have 2 count down clocks for the same cruise.

I tried using bold when I started thread but it wouldn’t work then.  People won’t remember to do that. 

Maybe for the time being, posting in bold is a good idea.  The font isn't that much smaller than on Outlook for instance - I can still read it without reading glasses but it would likely be easier with reading glasses.

Has anyone tried going to Settings and make the font larger for the whole screen?  Anyway, just noticed that a double space is more like a triple space.

Bob - you're right about Tapatalk but I'm loving the way you can drag a photo into a post (from photos that I have on this computer).  

Edited by Travelcat2

Very unfortunate that previously uploaded photos (via TapaTalk etc) are no longer available, plus previously referenced URLs no longer work.

This makes CC as a reference very limited :classic_sad:

Note that maximum size for photos is now just under 50MB so most photos will need re-sizing before posting.

No longer see a facility to preview a post before submitting - this was a useful check before posting

However, I will reserve judgement until trying the new experience over the coming weeks

PS I have tried altering the size of font in this post to "18" - any better for reading?

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, boblerm said:

All photos are gone.....doesn't seem to be any way to upload photos from tapatalk.....that's just the beginning.

According to comments on the "Report Bugs and Glitches" forum, the photos in existing posts should start showing up again.  Probably just a transition issue.

22 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Very unfortunate that previously uploaded photos (via TapaTalk etc) are no longer available, plus previously referenced URLs no longer work.

Note that maximum size for photos is now just under 50MB so most photos will need re-sizing before posting.

No longer see a facility to preview a post before submitting - this was a useful check before posting

However, I will reserve judgement until trying the new experience over the coming weeks

PS I have tried altering the size of font in this post to "18" - any better for reading?

Your font size and darkness are much better than most posts.

But I can't see anyway of making the next line of text appearing under the previous line without the triple space!!

35 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Bob - you're right about Tapatalk but I'm loving the way you can drag a photo into a post (from photos that I have on this computer).  

Altering the font size is a good idea, but unfortunately, most people won't be aware of this, so reading posts will remain problematic unless some changes are made. 

Inability to preview is a pretty big deal for me, I routinely preview my posts and more often than not catch errors.

Jackie, I agree that it is a convenience to be able to easily load pictures from desktop, but I when doing a trip report, it is much easier to send photos from a phone app.

I agree with flossie009, and certainly willing to reserve judgement and keep fingers crossed that all will be well eventually.

Bob

35 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Altering the font size is a good idea, but unfortunately, most people won't be aware of this, so reading posts will remain problematic unless some changes are made. 

Inability to preview is a pretty big deal for me, I routinely preview my posts and more often than not catch errors.

Jackie, I agree that it is a convenience to be able to easily load pictures from desktop, but I when doing a trip report, it is much easier to send photos from a phone app.

I agree with flossie009, and certainly willing to reserve judgement and keep fingers crossed that all will be well eventually.

Bob

So - Could someone please remind me....why did CC see the need to "change" anything in the first place?  What was particularly "wrong" with the "old CC board"?  Were their unemployed web developers sitting around looking for something to do?  Or did CC have a dump truck full of money that they had to spend somewhere on something?  This is a general comment/annoyance I have about a lot of things today.  Why must things be constantly "changed" when there is no apparent deficiency that needs "solving", in the first place?  And the changes often don't seem as good as the "original".

I apologize for the double post, been getting all kinds of error messages, I guess that's part of the "growing pains".

Also, I think I was incorrect to complain about the inability to preview, its seems that the text box that you compose your post in shows it as it will appear once posted, that is an improvement in my view.

I agree with pingpong1, I liked the old CC just fine, but am still holding out hope that when all is said and done that all will be well.

Bob

10 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

How do you go to first unread in a thread instead of having to scan down all of the posts?

I found this in another thread...

Hover over the blue dot next to the thread topic. If you've posted in that thread then there will be a star instead of a dot.

For mobile users, there is a way of uploading pics from your device without using Tapatalk or other app. 

In your browser, go to boards. cruisecritic. com.

Reply to a nessage, and there is a button that says "click to choose file". 

I am trying this now, lets see if it works. 

SmartSelect_20181012-075637_Bitmoji.jpg

Edited by boblerm

3 hours ago, boblerm said:

All photos are gone.....doesn't seem to be any way to upload photos from tapatalk.....that's just the beginning.

Using iPad

When you reply, ‘Click to choose files,’  then scroll through your photo library and select your photo.

Silhouette taken in Tallinn, 30.06.18.

8E975E8D-B490-4D4E-B51B-41543197FEBD.jpeg

3 hours ago, boblerm said:

For mobile users, there is a way of uploading pics from your device without using Tapatalk or other app. 

In your browser, go to boards. cruisecritic. com.

Reply to a nessage, and there is a button that says "click to choose file". 

I am trying this now, lets see if it works. 

SmartSelect_20181012-075637_Bitmoji.jpg

You figured it out before I was able to post and tell you that I thought that you could do it on a phone - just going into the CC website.  Good to see that it works.  Now, if I could just suppress my signature.......