Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 42

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, October 15 and Sunday, October 21.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest. All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

"What's for dinner?" We don't typically plan on specific foods or meals for the upcoming week when we shop. We usually make a pass through the veggie aisle, check the meat section for sales and grab an assortment of basic raw materials. Since Wonderful Wife can make an awesome meal out of almost anything, a given day may feature one of her signature dishes or a pleasant surprise like the "Pizzadilla" pictured this week. It is basically a quesadilla toasted crispy in the pizza oven, loaded with the remaining ingredients and returned to the oven for the melt. The end result tastes like a combo burrito but is flat. Pizzadilla sounds better than Road-kill-a-rito. Right?

Pizzadilla

p3133257040-5.jpg

Dave

Nice birds - looks like the new lens is pretty solid.

And nice snow in AZ.  I got snowed on passing through Flagstaff on my way to Cali many years ago - back then I didn't even realize quite how high Flagstaff was and didn't even know they could get snow.

The pizzadilla looks good - we always called those 'mexican pizzas', though usually made with corn tortillas rather than flour.

Winter migration is starting to kick in here in Florida, so mixed in with our regular wildlife, we have many small perching birds passing through.  Shots taken with Sony A6300 and FE100-400mm GM lens:

The palm warblers have returned:

original.jpg

As have the American redstarts:

original.jpg

A cute baby raccoon trying to hide in the shadows, unsure if I'm a threat.  Momma was nearby eating some palm tree fruits and was unconcerned:

original.jpg

A northern cardinal:

original.jpg

And a white eyed vireo - can you tell why he got that name?:

original.jpg

• Like 2

Like your birds too! I did not have much action at the feeder today. I am trying see if I get ‘new’ visitors of birds moving south. 

The pizzadilla looks good, do you have your own pizza oven? 

22 minutes ago, KYBOB said:

The pizzadilla looks good, do you have your own pizza oven? 

We picked up a Blackstone oven a few years ago and have used the heck out of it. It has a rotating lower stone to even out the heat for perfectly done crust and generates enough heat to finish off an average pizza in about 4-5 minutes. It will do a 14" pizza but is still portable enough to take camping or tailgating.

Yes...camping.

p1319903529-4.jpg

We may be a little crazy but we eat well. :classic_biggrin:

Dave

5 hours ago, dileep said:

we will be there on Nov 16 on the Celebrity Solstice!

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did my just completed cruise on Majestic Princess. This shot was taken on what the Solstice offers as 'Shipwreck Coast' excursion.

1 hour ago, boeckli said:

Elephants are such amazing animals - thanks for sharing your pics. Which software do you use for your clips?

we had two babies born at our zoo recently. I use Windows Movie Maker which came for free with Windows 7, but not available for Windows 10 now.

15 hours ago, boeckli said:

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did my just completed cruise on Majestic Princess. This shot was taken on what the Solstice offers as 'Shipwreck Coast' excursion.

Our highlights excursion will see

• Art Deco Roxy Cinema
  • Mount Victoria for stunning views
  • Old and New St Pauls Cathedral
  • Parliament Buildings
  • Te Papa Museum
  • The Harbour and waterfront
  • Wellington City
  • Weta Cave