Best time to book Christmas Cruise?

Rob1966

Hi All,

I will be looking to book the Christmas Caribbean cruise on Britannia for 2019, I took the same cruise last year and enjoyed it so much, we would like to do it again next year.
What are the views on the best time to book this cruise? I have looked at this years sailing and it appears to be no more expensive than 8 months ago, in fact it's a little cheaper...

any views or experience would be appreciated.

Cruises around Christmas never tend to increase in price and if anything get cheaper nearer the time. In fact one of the cheapest Caribbean cruises is the one that comes back to UK on a flight around five days before Christmas Day. Prices much cheaper on this last one prior to Christmas as people don't want to be back so close to big day. I'd love to try cruise over Christmas one day but my job not only wouldn't allow it but my family wouldn't be best pleased 😂

For the New Year cruise I have found the opposite and at the moment .I have just checked ours and it would cost us well over 

£200 each more to book today also some cabin grades are showing sold out.

We have booked New Year  cruises for a number of years now and upon checking have always found this to be the case.

Also the price will drop but that seems to happen 5 -4 weeks away but very little choice of cabin left by then .

Not long after the price jumps up again before the ship sells out .

Maybe the Christmas cruise is different but the New Year Cruise I have always booked early as possible and cash wise glad I did .

1 hour ago, kalos said:

For the New Year cruise I have found the opposite and at the moment .I have just checked ours and it would cost us well over 

£200 each more to book today also some cabin grades are showing sold out.

We have booked New Year  cruises for a number of years now and upon checking have always found this to be the case.

Also the price will drop but that seems to happen 5 -4 weeks away but very little choice of cabin left by then .

Not long after the price jumps up again before the ship sells out .

Maybe the Christmas cruise is different but the New Year Cruise I have always booked early as possible and cash wise glad I did .

(Part 2 ..kept getting thrown out .. site still going offline )

Maybe it is different with the festive cruises over the Atlantic but the Europe cruises at New Year sell quite well.

When you do book , have a great cruise.