Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Airport

legendaryheck

I haven't been to the Port of Miami before but I am guessing there are Royal Caribbean airport shuttles that go to both Miami's airport and Fort Lauderdale's airport from the Port of Miami. Does anyone know how long these shuttles run until? I am trying to figure out exactly when I should book our return flight. The earliest I am thinking departs at 11:45am and flights go until 7:15pm that evening. I'm just trying to figure out if we should try to get off the ship asap via self disembarkation or if we could take out time getting off the ship if the shuttles run for a while.

Thanks

Your best bet is to not use the cruise line transfers and book on your own.  Shared shuttles are commonly used between FLL and POM and the typical fare starts at about $15 per person - the ride takes about 40-45+ minutes depending upon traffic/day of the week.  Uber and Lyft are also popular - fare for the car (UberX or standard Lyft, good for 2-3 passengers) should be about $35+ between POM and FLL.

Cruising from Miami and flying out of FLL I would not look for a flight leaving earlier than about 11:30 or so.  You need to be at FLL at least 90 minutes before departure as TSA lines are typically long due to the cruisers and other vacationers.

Have a great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by JohninDC