Why is there no link at the bottom of the page to go to other foums

ontheweb

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

where is the last read ?

From the thread list you can click on the dot or star to the left of the thread title. But i agree that you should be able to jump to the first unread from (the start of) the thread itself.

I think there is a horizontal line within each thread just above the first unread post. Not the best implementation (other forums have a box in the corner of the post that says "New") but maybe useful eventually.

This format will take time to learn to navigate. So far, I'm not too happy with the need to go back to forums. I like the old font, and ability to scroll down to the bottom of the page to move to another topic.  I'll give it a few weeks.....

Darcy

I agree about missing the field to jump to other forums...…..it was so easy......you would click on the one you wanted to go to and it would just take you to that page.

OP here. I have another question about something I am missing. Is there anywhere I can see what time I was on the cruise critic boards last? I used to be able to do that by clicking on my screen name in the upper right corner of the page.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

OP here. I have another question about something I am missing. Is there anywhere I can see what time I was on the cruise critic boards last? I used to be able to do that by clicking on my screen name in the upper right corner of the page.

Hover your mouse over your screen name.  See if that works.

3 hours ago, champagne123 said:

Hover your mouse over your screen name.  See if that works.

I just tried that, and it said just now. That really does not help when I want to know how far back I should look at posts to know when they were made after I was last on these boards.

At the top of the page.  see the box   marked "boards" and click it t o  go to other forums.    select the forum you    want and it will  take you there

Edited by sail7seas

On 10/17/2018 at 2:49 PM, Lois R said:

I agree about missing the field to jump to other forums...…..it was so easy......you would click on the one you wanted to go to and it would just take you to that page.

Not really that different now.

Old site:

click on pull down menu to open it

scroll to find forum you want to go to

click on that (with additional necessary clicks to get to any subforms you are looking for)

New site:

click on "Forums" tab in upper left

scroll to find forum you want to go to

click on that (with additional necessary clicks to get to any subforms you are looking for)