New and Improved CC

Just now, Domino D said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2595372-editing-your-signature/

Okay so the only way I could Edge to do it was to paste in word.  Open the this thread and then paste it here.  Edge is seemingly clearing the clipboard (or its modern equivalent)when the thread opens.

Thanks for doing all that.  I am just going to use Chrome in the future if Edge is going to be an issue.  I am sure I can't be the only one using Edge, it can just be added to the list of things that are having issues.

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks.  I cleared history and rebooted just to see if that would help, didn't.  I can use Chrome here if I have to, I prefer it but I was having issues with it.

Okay I opened the other thread in a new tab by right clicking on it.  Then opened this one in the original tab and the copy paste worked, but that is just annoying.

Edited by Domino D

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks for doing all that.  I am just going to use Chrome in the future if Edge is going to be an issue.  I am sure I can't be the only one using Edge, it can just be added to the list of things that are having issues.

That is the best solution for now.

2 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Are you using the post # in the right hand corner?  I'ts gray and a little hard to see but it will bring up the post URL.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2595067-new-and-improved-cc/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-55984880

I couldn't get any of it to work in Edge unless the threads were in separate tabs.  Chrome worked in every instance. 

6 minutes ago, Peeker28 said:

Well not liking this new format at all!!  I'm really upset about the CC app being gone that's how I read it mostly.  I'm not always at a computer so the app was very convenient. 😞

Have you tried using the browser on your phone?

21 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Just testing the pic upload function.  Seems super easy!  I'm going to try do a live/semi-live review when we get on Liberty Oct. 28th

I look forward to reading it! 🙂

Edited by APDMOM

Yesterday, I felt like I did when my first boyfriend broke up with me in 1989.  Just heartbroken over losing our picture reviews!!  Today is like the day I got married to my husband in 2000.

I am back in love with Cruise Critic!

😍 Glad to hear the photos will be back and that the links work in the meantime.

Going forward, I will be using a backup file for my reviews, but I will be posting live from Harmony after all... just over 3 more weeks!

4 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Yesterday, I felt like I did when my first boyfriend broke up with me in 1989.  Just heartbroken over losing our picture reviews!!  Today is like the day I got married to my husband in 2000.

Going forward, I will be using a backup file for my reviews, but I will be posting live from Harmony after all... just over 3 more weeks!

Likewise, I think CC has had a marvelous upgrade. Works great on a phone too. 

25 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Have you looked at your Attachments folder.  your old pics should be there now

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

There are 11 in my folder from 2011 to now but there were a lot more than that. Maybe they are not finished yet. One problem that just started I keep getting logged out. Every few minutes.

Edited by Charles4515

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks John!  Working on backup for my reviews right now.  Hope they can embed the pictures again, but at least it is not all lost.  Enjoyed your recent Harmony report! 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

I want Tapatalk back!

20180808_133128.jpg

Quote 1

28 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Testing

E78F70C4-BE23-4F65-AD29-407A16319CBB.jpeg

Quote 2

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

There are 11 in my folder from 2011 to now but there were a lot more than that. Maybe they are not finished yet. One problem that just started I keep getting logged out. Every few minutes.

Quote 3

That's promising

Like button missing from laptop version right now.  Never mind, I had two browsers open and was not logged into one.  only members can like

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Only 13 show up in mine.  Just a couple from one review in 09, and another 10 from a review I did in March this year..  the last one is one I posted yesterday in our Harmony roll call.

I thought if they showed up in the attachment folder, that they would also display in those prior reviews.  They do not show there yet.  Some of my real old reviews had links to Flickr, so I don’t know why they will not display in the old reviews.

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Only 13 show up in mine.  Just a couple from one review in 09, and another 10 from a review I did in March this year..  the last one is one I posted yesterday in our Harmony roll call.

I thought if they showed up in the attachment folder, that they would also display in those prior reviews.  They do not show there yet.  Some of my real old reviews had links to Flickr, so I don’t know why they will not display in the old reviews.

I now have 700+

They were not showing up in old reviews as of early afternoon

1 hour ago, Peeker28 said:

Well not liking this new format at all!!  I'm really upset about the CC app being gone that's how I read it mostly.  I'm not always at a computer so the app was very convenient. 😞

Why do you need an app? Just put a tile on your phone, click on it and you are there. No apps needed

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I now have 700+

They were not showing up in old reviews as of early afternoon

I see this when I go to "my attachments"

You have used 2.09 MB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit.

There's only about 20 photos in my attachments at this time. If I'm calculating -correctly, that makes about 5000 photos total possible to be saved. I have read and I understand that they are working on preserving all photos from previous reviews? I am reserving my judgement regarding the new CC until I see all my photos back in all my reviews that I spent hundreds of hours working on for fellow CC'ers, let alone the other hundreds of reviewers over the years with great threads we all followed and enjoyed.