New and Improved CC

8 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Adjust brightness and font in your device settings

But by doing that I've adjusted the settings for every website or program I view now. That's not a good solution for me. They really need to make the text darker - it's way too faint. 

And the app is gone which is what I used most. I'm not a fan at all. This will totally push me even more to other chat forums now.

• Like 1

I don't like how you can't go to specific ship thread. When I click on say Harmony of the Seas it goes into a search mode and lists posts on top from over 12 years ago. I liked it the way you had it before.

• Like 3

Another person who doesn’t like the font - small and too light as others already commented.  I personally liked Tapatalk, so I miss that for the threads that I follow.

And am I seeing multiple quotes in some responses? Unlike before, when someone just had the last quote?  That can become cumbersome considering how some people post here.

Will need to learn some of the features as I was just so used to the way it was.

• Like 1

They did away with the "quick jump" (I don't remember if that's the correct name) which allowed you to move from one board to another without going to the index.  They also need to condense the signatures, way too long and takes up too much space.

I prefer the old version. New version was not worth a week of down time.

I just did a reply on another thread and it took a very long time.  Also, some information on that thread converted to pages of HTML code!  As Artie Johnson would say, "Very Interesting"...

This is going to be a big learning curve. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Hiding all signatures helps reduce the amount of wasted white space, but there is still too much.

Hiding the signatures gains some space, but can’t figure how you get them back.  It was easier before when they showed a partial signature you could expand. 

Some people had links to past reviews in the signatures, now they appear hard to get to.  Also, it appears prior photos in threads are not showing.

Seems slow, and not as friendly as the app was.

at least now we have an edit button back.

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Hiding the signatures gains some space, but can’t figure how you get them back.  It was easier before when they showed a partial signature you could expand. 

Some people had links to past reviews in the signatures, now they appear hard to get to.  Also, it appears prior photos in threads are not showing.

Seems slow, and not as friendly as the app was.

You can get them back under account settings for your own signature (there is a switch).

20 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

Adjust brightness and font in your device settings

Thanks but that isn't really a permanent fix since you would then need to re adjust every site you go to.  They should just follow the W3 standards for Light and Contrast Sensitivity or allow adjustments be made and stored in the user profile. 

• Like 3

Home key on laptop will take you back to top until this is resolved.

Programmers are working on default font (darker) and double spacing per another thread on these issues. I didn't copy the link. We all know their are going to be bugs for a while.....

2 hours ago, alfaeric said:

Thank you for replying, as you just found another "fault" for me- previously, I had no notifications at all about anything.

But the new system sent me an e-mail that you replied.

So all of the old settings appear to be redone.  One may want to go into their account and check what you really want.

So the opposite problem- when I posted in threads, I would then automatically follow them, and they would show up in my "subscribed" list.  Not anymore.

I went from just being notified on my base page, to being notified by e-mail, to nothing.  Now I will have no idea when the individual cruise threads have any updates.

I can't say that this is a good thing.  It's new, for sure.  But not better.