Captains Suite: All I need to know

Herbaltees

I was finally able to book the captains suite for my family. We will be on the glory.

Ive seen some you tube videos and I’m very excited.

Do we get priority access to stuff?

Will our room be ready when we board?

Are the tips greater Pp/Pd??

what else can you tell me??

TIA

We had the Captain's Suite on the Glory 3 years ago and it was awesome!  You will get priority boarding and if I remember correctly the suite was ready when we were able to board.  We had a beautiful basket of fruit, cheese, crackers, and a bottle of champagne waiting for us.  Every day we got a little something-chocolate covered strawberries, little desserts, etc.  If you love a balcony as much as we do, wait until you see this one!  OMG it's fantastic.  In the Main Dining room we had the same booth held for us every night.  It was a wonderful experience - I'm so excited for you. I hope you love it as much as we did. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

VIP Check-in = yes.

Room ready when you board = not unless FTTF or a perk of your VIPF status (Platinum/Diamond).

Service Gratuities = $13.95 USD per person, per day for guests booked in suites

You get a whirlpool tub!

Wrong.  Suites are all considered priority boarding, so the room WILL be ready.

1 hour ago, DramaQueen22 said:

Priority boarding also known as VIP embarkation debarkation is not the same as “first access to your stateroom”. First access is typically only available to faster to the fun purchasers and platinum /diamond members. There are some exceptions but they are rare and often depend on the ship.

21 hours ago, DramaQueen22 said:

This is incorrect. You do get priority boarding but the suite being ready is NOT a perk of the suite. Your cabin will be ready at 1:30 unless you have FTTF or are d/p

On 10/17/2018 at 4:20 PM, Carnival Cheerleader said:

I'd rather book 3 cruises in a PT cabin than one cruise in a suite.

🤷🏽‍♀️ I guess it’s really good to be me. People do what they can afford. 

And this cruise  I can afford the Captains Suite!

Edited by Herbaltees
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WSM1974 said:

Just curious on how you go about booking this suite?

It became available after final payment so I called and was able to get it. It sleeps 5, so there is usually an occupancy restriction and you won’t see it unless you input 5passengers.

2 hours ago, Herbaltees said:

Im curious: if you don’t mind answering, why this letter was sent to you?

Its a bit weird to send someone a letter of stuff they Are not going to get.

But thanks for for settling the debate.

It was actually sent to me. I wrote to Carnival for clarification when a couple of posters got downright nasty with me in another thread insisting that suites did in fact get their cabin ready upon boarding. One of them even went so far as to say the Diamond Desk was telling people that all suites are ready upon embarkation regardless of status. I said it wasn't a perk and provided other supporting documentation to which I was pretty much eviscerated. So I decided to go right to the source and see what they had to say. I wrote in my letter asking if I booked a suite and weren't Diamond or Platinum and didn't have FTTF if my cabin would be ready at embarkation. That was the response I got. 

Then when they replied with that letter, I also asked for them to clarify the suite luggage tags because they had the FTTF logo on them, so was that in fact a perk of a suite? It wasn't listed anywhere. I then let them know that CSRs were telling people that booked suites they could cancel their FTTF because they got the same benefits (which wasn't true) and that their Diamond Desk was also misinforming customers as well as people at the port. Soon after that they removed the FTTF logo from suite luggage tags. Whether or not my letter had something to do with it I have no idea. But it appears someone made a mistake when they programmed that originally because priority luggage delivery was never listed as a perk of a suite.

• Like 1