west of peggys cove. what to do

luckyinpa

10am to 7pm ship time

last year i rented a car upon getting off the ship and did peggys cove but not much else but drive around halifax a bit. what further west of peggys have you done that you would have time to get back to the rental place by 5pm close? 

open to going other ways after peggys, just figured west makes more sense since there. 

Have a look at going to Lunenburg which is on what we call the South Shore, southwest of Halifax on the Atlantic Coast. 

Alternatively you could go to the Wolfville Area, perhaps on a winery tour and maybe have a look at the Bay of Fundy, though you would not have time to see the tide change.

The area along the Atlantic coast northeast of Halifax is called the Eastern Shore. It has some wonderful beaches and other attractions.

Halifax for cruise ship visitors

Learning about the South Shore

Annapolis Valley, etc.

The Eastern Shore

Edited by maryann ns
learning the new site!
  • Like 1

thanks for the suggestions. just one week to go! i looked at the map and luneburg is farther but i guess as long as we leave early enough to get back we'd be good. last year i was somewhat at the tide change time and it's hard to see so thats not a priority this year. 

My suggestion isn't doable on your upcoming cruise, but if you are in Halifax on another cruise consider going "across" to the north shore to someplace like Hall's Harbor (good seafood restaurant next to the pier).  We did a private tour that ended up there for lunch after stopping at a few places along the way like a pumpkin farm that grew humungous pumpkins.