ALL things Regal, now that she is back in the Caribbean

Wishing on a star

3 minutes ago, EastBay Cruisers said:

HI --  We got off the Regal 5 days ago. We sailed with friends who are Platinum, and they received free internet for the week. 

Otherwise, there is one internet package, which costs $59.00 per week for unlimited internet.  It worked very well, except for one day when the internet cafe told us that the servers were down.  Otherwise,  the internet service was very fast. -- EBC

Thanks. Thats what I was wondering. We had it free on the CB last month. I don't want to buy it if it will be free once onboard.

Did they have any special way of first signing up? I know if you buy it there is a voucher number in the cabin that you input during the first sign on.

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks. Thats what I was wondering. We had it free on the CB last month. I don't want to buy it if it will be free once onboard.

Did they have any special way of first signing up? I know if you buy it there is a voucher number in the cabin that you input during the first sign on.

Correct ! -- If you buy it, there is a voucher number in the cabin that you input during the first sign on.

As our Platinum friends remember it, they just went to their Settings, found Medallion Net, then created a log-in. Each Platinum passenger is allowed to be on line with one device at a time.  So,  for example, if you want to switch from your phone to your laptop, you first log out of the phone, then log in using the laptop.  -- EBC

3 hours ago, snowmaiden said:

I was afraid you’d say that.  We’re on night five and haven’t done it so far, so it might be late to start now!  Honestly, though, I’ve been looking at the menus posted by the dining rooms and then comparing them to these menus from 2016: http://www.cruisetipstv.com/star-princess-menus-download/  The format of the menus has changed a bit, and some of the fish choices are different, but otherwise they are almost exactly the same.  So far we have had nights 1, 3, 7, 8, and 9.

Sigh. Thanks for posting. I was really hoping for something a little different. I guess there is still time for a change before February but I doubt it will happen. It's all good though - I have never left hungry after eating in any dining venue on a Princess ship!

7 minutes ago, EastBay Cruisers said:

Correct ! -- If you buy it, there is a voucher number in the cabin that you input during the first sign on.

As our Platinum friends remember it, they just went to their Settings, found Medallion Net, then created a log-in. Each Platinum passenger is allowed to be on line with one device at a time.  So,  for example, if you want to switch from your phone to your laptop, you first log out of the phone, then log in using the laptop.  -- EBC

Thanks, so they just logged on like normal and it showed up as free?

8 minutes ago, EastBay Cruisers said:

Yep, you get a screen like this:

IMG_1732.PNG

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thanks, so they just logged on like normal and it showed up as free?

Yes --- at least, that is how they explained it to us.  🙂 But hopefully, you will receive info from Princess before you board, which will verify how the free internet works for Platinum level guests. -- EBC

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Did you by chance partake in any internet packages?

If so how was it?

We hadn’t planned on getting an internet package, but when we missed Bar Harbor yesterday and got our shore excursion money refunded as onboard credit, we decided to splurge.  The $59.99 price is for one device.  The only other option is four devices, which costs roughly twice as much.  We wanted to use our two ipads at the same time, so we chose that one.  If you sign up for a package after the cruise has started, it gives you a prorated rate.  I remember ours was around $80 for the remaining four days.  The connection has been wonderful, and aside from a few hiccups when trying to watch streaming video, it has worked just as reliably as our connection at home.

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Great. I just canceled the $69 unlimited plan that is offered pre cruise.

Don't need to fight to get my $$ back after the fact if its free.

Was this process different than when you were on the CB? 

I'm hoping it will still be free in February but I guess that depends when the installation is complete.

7 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Was this process different than when you were on the CB? 

I'm hoping it will still be free in February but I guess that depends when the installation is complete.

I don't think so. We had issues on the CB because our booking did not sync up with our onboard account correctly. (at least thats what we were told by the powers that be). When I tried to sign on it did not recognize our Captains Circle status. The IC manager had to get permission to get us a voucher number for the cruise which once that was done and inputed by us it was fine.

Sounds like both ships are the same as long as you don't have issues like we did.

15 hours ago, EastBay Cruisers said:

Shows and entertainment last week on the Regal were:

A.J. Clarke on the piano in Crooners  -- very talented and fun to listen to

Scott Wyler - Comedian

Bands in the Piazza were:  Excite and Orphea -- great for dancing

They had a rock n' roll dance party in the Piazza where they played oldies from the 50's and 60's - lots of passengers up on the floor doing old dances like The Twist, etc.

Production Shows:

Born to Dance

Fiero

Bravo

Sweet Soul Music

Hope this is helpful -- Enjoy your cruise on the Regal -- she's beautiful. 😍 EBC

Sounds like the entertainment will be really good.  Was wondering if Fiera was still playing.  We aren't really big on attending shows, but I liked that one.  And the others sound good as well.  Thanks so much for the info! 

• Thanks 1

We will def need some kind of internet service.   I am going to keep watching to see if upcoming sailings continue to offer this to Platinum guests.   I am afraid that this will go away soon...  Hope not!

For now, we changed to Any Time Dining.   We are okay to dine early,  and I am hoping/wondering if we would be able to make reservations, even a standing reservation, that is early,  but just not 4:45 or 5:30.    Kind of like Traditional Dining...  but in one of the Anytime Dining Rooms.  At least we would have the same waitstaff.

I am wondering if the 7:15 dining will still make it hard to make it to the evening activities and shows???

Edited by Wishing on a star

On the Regal, the time for the production shows is 8:00 and 10:00 PM.

In our experience, it took the waiters in the MDR about 100 minutes to serve a three-course dinner. If you wanted to skip dessert, you could probably leave the MDR earlier. 

On the Regal, the Symphony Dining Room has Anytime Dining from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM. 

The Concerto Dining Room has Anytime Dining from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM. 

So, if you make a reservation for Anytime Dining at 7:15 PM,  you would be in the Symphony Dining Room, and you would be finished with dinner at app.  8:45 PM.   Then, you would go from there to the Princess Theatre for the 10:00 PM show.  -- EBC

On 10/17/2018 at 4:17 PM, Lynzchat said:

We are boarding her on Sat and have a quick question. We are in a mini suite and I had read a review from CC that mini suites get a complimentary one time mini bar setup. I know it’s included in full suites.  I didn’t see this as an inclusion on the Princess site. Is this true or not?  Inquiring minds want to know.

On our regal princess sailing a week ago we were in a mini suit and we got a free bottle of champagne that was in our fridge when we arrived in our room 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Someone currently onboard the CB posted today that the internet is no longer free for Platinum/Elite.

I hope this is not the same for the Regal. Sailing in 2 weeks.

We talked to a platinum couple last night in the dining room.  They mentioned how much they loved the free internet.  So it is still a benefit as of right now.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tdk said:

On our regal princess sailing a week ago we were in a mini suit and we got a free bottle of champagne that was in our fridge when we arrived in our room 

Lets be accurate.  You received a bottle of very inexpensive "sparkling wine."  

Hank

20 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Lets be accurate.  You received a bottle of very inexpensive "sparkling wine."  

Hank

Picky, picky, picky. Most people call sparkling wine champagne. I think their point was that they received something in a mini suite. And who cares what it cost?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you richsea ,  yes hlitner  I’m sure nobody thinks they are getting an expensive bottle of anything.free in their room.  Somebody had asked about a mini bar set up and I was stating we just got the bottle of wine champagne bubbly whatever you want to call it 🤣

On 10/17/2018 at 6:26 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Since no one could tell me for sure if it was free when I went on my CP cruise a few weeks ago, I went ahead and purchased the internet package. Even Princess customer service told me it was no longer free. Once on board, I found out it was still free for Platinum and Elite. The $69.99 was credited back to my onboard account.

I consider it good insurance if you need/want internet, to go ahead and purchase it at the reduced pre-cruise price. Once on board, the purchase price is considerably more. If it's still free, then you will get your money back as an onboard credit ASAP.

Edited by drpack

9 minutes ago, drpack said:

Since no one could tell me for sure if it was free when I went on my CP cruise a few weeks ago, I went ahead and purchased the internet package. Even Princess customer service told me it was no longer free. Once on board, I found out it was still free for Platinum and Elite. The $69.99 was credited back to my onboard account.

I consider it good insurance if you need/want internet, to go ahead and purchase it at the reduced pre-cruise price. Once on board, the purchase price is considerably more. If it's still free, then you will get your money back as an onboard credit ASAP.

Thanks, this is the info I was looking for, but you know how that goes. 🙄 Different ship different results.

• Like 1