A couple of general Uniworld questions

masonpips

Hi, I'm booked with my mom on their Christmas Market cruise Basel to Cologne.  I have some general questions that I figure I can get answers here more quickly than going through our TA.  

1) In Cologne, we will be taking the train to Frankfurt to visit extended family.  My understanding is we can leave virtually any time we like on the last morning?  We are open to a taxi or doing it on our own (I've checked the tram schedule) but are going to book the train in advance so I wanted to make sure a mid-morning (10 am) departure is fine

2) I've looked at the "Already Booked" section of the Uniworld site which lists the daily activities for our cruise. Will we receive anything else before we board the ship? Do we receive "cruise documents"? (I am used to ocean cruising).  No "Set Sail Pass" or anything like that?

3) My mom has switched credit cards since we booked and paid.  She tried to contact Uniworld to update the info, but never got through on the phone.  I'm thinking she can just wait until we board and put her card down then (not that we expect to have changes, esp since we have some OBC from our TA)

Thank you!

1. Yes, you can leave anytime you like. And, depending on where you are docked, the train station could be within walking distance, and an easy commute, even with luggage.

2. You will not receive anything else, with regard to itinerary. They used to send a nice book, but now it is just online. However, you will get a nice blue zip up leatherette passport and document holder (5x9ish), leatherette luggage tags, the local number of the ship, to leave with relatives back home, and your confirmation letter (which you don't really need)

3. Yes, she can wait until she gets on board to give her credit card. In fact, if you have OBC and don't plan to go above that limit, they don't even require you to keep one on file, since it's all-inclusive.

Uniworld is amazing. The beds.....to die for. Enjoy!

Robin

10 minutes ago, trickylibrarian said:

We are cruising with Uniworld in 3 weeks.  Wondering when we should expect the leatherette luggage tags etc.  Thank you.

Any day now. If you have a TA, they may get them first, then forward to you. 

Robin