Broken Content Galore

POA1

It looks like a lot of the old posts' BBCode didn't process correctly.  Things like quoting other users and replies to posts just came through as code snippets.  Images and links didn't parse either.  That's gong to hurt when Google, Bing and the other search providers update their indexes.  Maybe there's a background process running that will fix this, but if not it's going to really hurt in the search results.  I'm not sure what happened because the Invision Comunity (the new software) documentation says that all that stuff should have been converted.

Posts from anyone who used special font formatting - which is a lot of people here - are filled with random code bits.  Below is an example of one of my threads which shows the extent of the problem. I use a fair amount of formatting, so you can really see the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Krazy Kruizers said:

I noticed that as well when a host quoted me from an old thread and said that I had not set up my post correctly -- wrong!!

The parser didn't process your FONT changes.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, boulders said:

There's a "Report Bugs and Glitches" forum at the top of  the main page. I recommend you post there. It's a pretty active forum right now. 

Thanks.  I did report it on the bugs forum.  They'll probably self-escalate once they see what the missing internal links do to their search engine results.

It sure doesn't appear to be ready for publication. I'm not even going to list the things that seems to me to be missing with the exception of the tab that allowed you to page through a thread as you desired.  That option used to be lower & upper right hand side at the end/beginning of each visible column.  I don't want to go to the next unread topic - I want to go to a specific page of a current thread.  I got to here by finding all of POA1s post and going to his latest and that brought me to this page.  And what's with all the additional information being shown the signatures???  It just seems to be taking up unnecessary space. Oh well...…. it sure doesn't seem ready for Prime Time to me.

I also noticed that the new Avatar size is 120x120px, whereas the old one was 80x80. I re-rendered mine at double resolution so my icon can be retina-ready and future-proof.  There's also a banner on your profile. It's 1,308x714.  However, only the top 265 pixels shows in the desktop view.

9 minutes ago, sppunk said:

A database update should fix that parsing issue. 

It should, but the FONT tags might be a problem if they're not defined in the style sheet. I think they only define Roboto and Lord knows we have ourselves a lot of Comic Sans on this board. 🤡

Edited by POA1

23 minutes ago, Nashna said:

The advertisments seem to be working well.

But of course - that's the priority.

The advertisers might drop off as posts drop.

I tried to do the Bon Voyage thread earlier (and wasted time and energy) all for naught.

This new website is nuts IMO.  What improvement is there?  Harder to read type, signatures with links to emails and spread sheets that are mumbo jumbo.

the list goes on.  We waited days for this?  
Really badly done IMO.  I wouldn't mind if it had been done well, but this is a mess. 😞