Complicated Question

FTG

I'm booked on a 46 days cruise with Princess as a solo although I had to pay the double rate (minus one port taxes).  Both of my daughters would like to take a portion of the cruise with me (one at a time).  Is this possible?  Anyone done this before?  Any suggestions/advice?  Any extra charges?  I have heard there are only certain ports you can board or disembark? Should they come at the same time instead of separately?  The cruise starts in Perth to Perth around the Indian ocean.  Thank you for any advice you can give me!

I also agree that Princess will have to advise so that you have a fully actuate answer.

However,  what I would try to do before hand is find out if your cruise is broken out into smaller chunks that people can book.  That would give you an idea of ports that would be acceptable for embarking and de-embarking.

This way you could have some questions for them when you call.  But I'm a crazy researcher so maybe that's how my brain works.

We did a complete circumnavigation of Australia a few years ago on the Dawn Princess. The sailing was only marketed in the USA as a single voyage. We observed that passenger embarkations and disembarkations went on throughout the voyage and were told (not first-hand though) that Down Under the cruise was segmented. You may be able to make this happen for your daughters. CALL PRINCESS or, have a good travel agent work it for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FTG said:

I'm booked on a 46 days cruise with Princess as a solo although I had to pay the double rate (minus one port taxes).  Both of my daughters would like to take a portion of the cruise with me (one at a time).  Is this possible?  Anyone done this before?  Any suggestions/advice?  Any extra charges?  I have heard there are only certain ports you can board or disembark? Should they come at the same time instead of separately?  The cruise starts in Perth to Perth around the Indian ocean.  Thank you for any advice you can give me!

You may need to cancel and rebook segments with each daughter as separate reservations.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, FTG said:

Did you ever get a definitive answer from Princess?

I haven't spoken directly to Princess yet.  I can only tell you what my travel agent told me while she was on the phone with them.  Apparently there are only certain ports where Princess has arrangements for passengers to board or disembark so you can't just get on or off at any port.  Also, and I need to check on this as my travel agent didn't really encourage my plan, I believe Princess told her that I would have to pay for all three of us for the entire cruise even though two would be sharing the trip.  I will call Princess directly to see if I can arrange for my daughters to share this cruise with me..