Live Whisper 18 - 31 Oct.

Tothesunset

06.30 and waiting for our 4 cappuccinos to start the day. The ship is moving a bit but not enough to be troublesome. 

Meet and Mingle was well-attended followed by dinner in the MDR. 

Unfortunately, because we are such polite people, we didn't want to upset the waiter by refusing his offers of wine. After a while we got surprisingly unable to safely operate machinery including camera phones or, indeed, our own legs. Must have been something I ate but the head is a bit woolly this morning. 

16 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

How is little Miss Whisper looking?

Very good, it must be said. We still like the more classic look and accept that, like a favourite pair of shoes, comfort beats style. 

Other than the wavy pattern carpeting and upgraded TV service little appears different from our previous voyage on her 2 years ago. As expected, the staff are terrific. Crew fund donation made (here endeth the virtue-signalling) and fat boy breakfast consumed. 

320 pax with an average age I would guess a little higher than on port-intensive voyages. 

Not sure about the unlimited inclusive WiFi. Is there no escape? Yes, I know we don't have to connect but when it's there you just do. At least we get to hear what the dog had for breakfast, the weather situation in the fens and the opportunities to buy potency-enhancing pharmaceuticals or meet a fruity lady from Latvia arrive as usual in the Spam folder. 

At some point when the lethargy subsides I will post a few photos, in the meanwhile we shall continue to work hard at doing as little as possible. 

Edited by Tothesunset

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

This morning's lecture by retired High Court Judge Sir Alistair Macduff entitled '' Introduction to murder''. 

The title of the lecture might explain those few vacant seats.:)

Edited by turtlemichael

I notice that I've posted the menu in reverse order. Hey, I'm Irish, cut me some slack! 

I'd say it takes about 2 mins for each 4mb file to upload. If I were clever I'd reduce the file size first. I'm not. So I didn't. 

IMG_20181019_193239516.jpg

IMG_20181019_193227898.jpg

Never wish a day of your life away M. My granny was a wise old crab with many perculiar sayings that we could never figure out as kids but she’s never been wrong yet!

‘It’s a spratt to catch a mackerel.

the older you get the faster it goes

if you can’t fight wear a big hat 

being amongst them

The days to the big day might seem to pass slowly but every one of those days is a day you can relish. Much better to have a hundredish days to relish ahead of you 

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Wise words DW!  But I can still wish time to slow for Mr and Mrs TTS, right? :classic_biggrin:

I should say so!

Docked at Casablanca today and I guess half the passengers are on tours leaving a quiet, but not abandoned, ship. However the stresses persist as you can see:

(Mrs TTS was coy and only prepared to get a small part of her thumb in the Photo.) 

download_20181020_114901.jpg

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

Surf’n’turf looks good. How Is the wine situation?

Well, there's a lot less of it since OH came on board. 

I'm the wrong person to ask about wine because I rarely drink it and even then only what Mrs TTS tells me I'll like. She's been happy with the free pours so far, though. 

• Haha 1

I hope it is all right if I add on to this thread having closed the one I started in Civitavecchia.

just a few things to add:  we have all new mattresses on board.  There was a huge change over in Marseille which entailed lots of work for the crew.  Unfortunately, they did not put the mattresses back the way they had been (in our case soft side up) so extra work was entailed.  The new ones are slightly firmer than the old ones so we have an extra pad on top.

the Venetian Society event in Barcelona featuring a human tower was fantastic despite the traffic jam getting to the venue.  Fernando was host and everyone did a wonderful job.

i managed to come down with what the late Duct Tape called kennel cough so I missed visiting Malaga and Cadiz.  Fortunately we will be back next year so I was able to take it easy and get over it more quickly than usual.

we were surprised that on the so called Venetian segment from Monte Carlo to Lisbon there were fewer than 200 Venetians on board and only a few couples with more than 500 days.

Captain Destefano got off in Lisbon and we also have a new HD.  I will look up the correct spelling of their names and come back after the lecture.

We have been privileged so far to have had a retired High Court Judge, Sir Alistair Macduff, present a series of talks through the voyage on the subject of murder. Some of the cases used to illustrate the legal perspective are quite notorious in recent UK jurisprudence. 

At the very least I'm hoping to pick up some useful tips! 

• Haha 1