Well they’ve done it again

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Mr Gut

"Report Post" is still there in the top righthand corner (next to the "Share" button) - maybe your old eyes are struggling to see it 

I just tried and dobbed you in (just kidding!)

Edit: Wow - I got me a "Like" - I'm special 🙂

Ahhh th Kiev found it now, might be because it had unclogged me again. 

Ohh feel free to dob me in, I probably deserve it.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Have you ticked the Remember Me button when you sign in?

this is a common problem with vBulletin sites that are not quite set up properly.

Yes definitely have that ticked - and I’ve even tried untickimg it then rechecking it 

So it seems like it’s not an issue others are experiencing - I’ll sleep on it - that’s bound to fix it 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

So it seems like it’s not an issue others are experiencing - I’ll sleep on it - that’s bound to fix it 🙂

Well that seemed to have worked, the log in seems to now be persistent 

So along with the magic “turn it off and on” workaround we can now add “sleep on it” to the list of IT fixes 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Well that seemed to have worked, the log in seems to now be persistent 

So along with the magic “turn it off and on” workaround we can now add “sleep on it” to the list of IT fixes 

That works for many things, especially beds.:classic_tongue:

• Haha 1

I have not been on this site for almost 12 months, and i totally dislike this new format.  In my opinion, they have lost the plot. Have been trying to connect with my roll call, keeps asking me to register.  I thought I would not be able to write a post on this forum if I was not registered.    So frustrated.      

On 10/16/2018 at 11:53 PM, GUT2407 said:

I understand the need to upgrade.

But this doesn’t seem in any way an improvement.

of course some instructions on what has changed and how to use it all may have helped.

Once again the new background is way harsh on the eyes.

I'm liking the brightness. Way easy to read for my spectacle assisted, seventy year old, eyes.

26 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Are you the one on the left or the right?😄

The one on the right with the GUT developed through patrolling too many cruise ship buffets, Uncle Mic.:classic_ninja:

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, maxmia said:

I have not been on this site for almost 12 months, and i totally dislike this new format.  In my opinion, they have lost the plot. Have been trying to connect with my roll call, keeps asking me to register.  I thought I would not be able to write a post on this forum if I was not registered.    So frustrated.      

I think they are still sorting out the roll calls, there have been comments in other forums about them not working.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think they are still sorting out the roll calls, there have been comments in other forums about them not working.

It is taking a while mate, a lot of 'construction' going on out there in CC Land.:classic_ninja:

I finally managed to get into my roll call.   Wanting to join  private  tours that are being arranged, so hopefully there will be a few going.      A cruise to Norway port intensive, any advice?         Thanks Maxmia

Can someone please help me here. Previously anything I had accessed or read on the site was then highlighted in RED font (the headings I mean were in RED). It was very handy but now that does not seem to be the case. Does anyone know how I can fix this (if it is possible).

1 hour ago, joybook said:

Can someone please help me here. Previously anything I had accessed or read on the site was then highlighted in RED font (the headings I mean were in RED). It was very handy but now that does not seem to be the case. Does anyone know how I can fix this (if it is possible).

No red headings any more, just dots and stars, which also take you to the first unread post. A dot is a thread you have read and a star is a thread you have read and posted in. You have to be logged in to see the dots and stars though.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:12 AM, Docker123 said:

How I did it using iPad:

quote first thing, hit the return/ enter button

quote second, hit enter/return ... etc

Without adding the return, it would not accept the next quote.

To the left of the "Quote" link is a boxed plus sign. Click Quote to immediately quote a post. Click the plus sign to add the post to a multi-quote. This will pop a button with a count button and an X (cancel) or, if the button is already showing, increment the count. When ready to reply to the quotes, click the button with the count, not the X.

Edited by broberts

3 hours ago, maxmia said:

I finally managed to get into my roll call.   Wanting to join  private  tours that are being arranged, so hopefully there will be a few going.      A cruise to Norway port intensive, any advice?         Thanks Maxmia

Take lots of money, Norway is ultra expensive.

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Take lots of money, Norway is ultra expensive.

Thanks MicCanberra, i have  now been warned.   Just back from the UK , its expensive enough there.  The cheapest coffee AU$7, not many freebees these days,  most landmarks have entrance fees, but it does not seem to stop the tourists.    Thank goodness I had visited these sites several times on previous visits.   I will start saving my gold coins for Norway, might be able to afford a coffee there.        Maxmia.